Specialty Dining Perk

stevendom57

I just booked an Alaska cruise and got the 3 night specialty dining perk for both myself and my wife. I was looking at the specialty dining options and, of course, Cagney's looks good (who can pass up a good filet?).

The description online is confusing. It says that Cagney's and a few others are included but ala carte restaurants are an extra charge. But Cagney's is listed as an ala carte restaurant. 

How does this work, really?

Places like Cagneys used to have a fixed cover charge, so when the details of the dining package were originally written it was correct that a la carte places weren’t included.

Cagneys, Le Bistro and La Cucina have since gone a la carte. Either you are looking an old link, or NCL have not updated the wording, but these places are included ( subject to a few exclusions like the shrimp cocktail mentioned above).

I wouldn’t worry too much about what your server says. For example, In Cagneys you are limited to one entree and the shrimp cocktail is chargeable (as mentioned on the menu). Your server may say that you are restricted in the number of starters, sides and desserts, but they are wrong.

5 hours ago, stevendom57 said:

I just booked an Alaska cruise and got the 3 night specialty dining perk for both myself and my wife. I was looking at the specialty dining options and, of course, Cagney's looks good (who can pass up a good filet?).

The description online is confusing. It says that Cagney's and a few others are included but ala carte restaurants are an extra charge. But Cagney's is listed as an ala carte restaurant. 

How does this work, really?

Your dining package will cover multiple appetizers, one entree, and multiple desserts at Cagney's, Le Bistro, La Cucina, and Q. 

At Teppanyaki, your dining package covers any one of their meal selections. 

At Ocean Blue (which is a $12 upcharge), your package covers a single appetizer, one entree and one dessert (although we have never been charged for ordering extra appetizers). 

Your dining package is valid at the American Diner, but I would never use a credit there. 

Your package is NOT valid a Food Republic.

Dining reservations opened on May 10th (April 30th for suites),  so make reservations quickly since prime time dining will sell out quickly. You will be seated at a 2-top table for you and Moselle. 

Enjoy!

Edited by BirdTravels