Clothes for Alaska Cruise

cheryl1054

I wore jeans, long sleeves, and a jacket or pull over. when I was cold I wore both the jacket and pullover. Unless you are doing snow activities the real winter items are not needed. I tend to be really cold too, but a winter base layer takes up little room and could be added or removed easily.  I took it and only wore the shirt. I also recommend short sleeves since walking around we got hot. I pack the most for Alaska for variety, but you can easily re-wear items. I wouldn't bother with shorts unless you are like my husband and wear shorts in winter or are from a place where it snows. Take one bathing suit to enjoy the hot tub or pool ( not all are heated).  Since you are inside a summer dress is fine, but if you walk out on deck it will be cold. I just kept it casual with nice sweaters and black pants.

Edited by bearette

As many have learned - our Alaska Weather, like some peeps decision-making, is always changing...

If you don't like the current weather, wait 10 minutes & it will change. Having said that - as a rule our Alaska Summers are gorgeous. You may see lows in the 50's & highs in the 90's (Interior/Fairbanks). On a rare occasion - it will snow (generally @ higher elevations).

As others expressed - layers are the way to go. I would recommend you pack @ least one set of longies & one pair of shorts/capris. I wear my sandals Spring through Fall.  In addition, if you are cruising any glaciers - most people find comfort w/ a light pair of gloves & something for your head.  Plan a top layer which is Rain/Wind Proof.  Don't forget the sunscreen & the sunglasses!!! 

We enjoy spending long hours on deck during the glacier sailing. One of our favorite places to view the glaciers from is the hot tub, w/ a cocktail in hand. Have a fabulous trip to our beautiful state...

Cheers -- Von

Edited by Von & John