What I didn’t know about Carnival Price Protection

Being a newbie to Carnival a few months ago I had read about checking daily or at least frequently on a price drops so that I could get adjustments for my Early Saver rate booked 9 months in advance.  

What I didn’t know was that being logged in with my VIPF account produces a rate that actually DOES change over time unlike the rack rate that changes little over time without being signed in.  So 3 months out I just submitted & was approved (via my TA) a $120 fare reduction!  I know small potatoes for many cruisers but a 13% reduction for me.  Lost $50 in OBC but still $70 ahead.  

Hope this helps someone else out.

Edited by soonernstlouis
  • Like 1

$70.00 ahead is worth celebrating.  As Nic said, keep watching.

Have you checked into discounted gift cards?  They can be used for your cruise fare, for Carnival purchases prior to the cruise (drink packages, excursions, cruise cash, etc.) and to fund your on-board account.  Ten per cent off makes a significant difference.

There are currently two active threads, one re AllState and one re Rewards for Good offered by AARP.  You don't have to be an AllState customer or an AARP member to qualify.

Happy sailing.

Yep.  Already applied 1-$500 AARP gift card & am ordering another $500 for final payment.  Had gratuities prepaid, so basically 10% saved there, too.

Not to brag, but my pre-tax/pre-grat rate is down to about $50/pp/day.  Certainly gives me more opportunities to cruise at that rate.