Flight from Vancouver at 11:45am

Robinhill

Hi- i am hoping someone can help me.  Our ship arrives in Vancouver at 7:00 so i am assuming we should be able to disembark at 8:00 or a little after.  I am taking the Canada Line over to the airport.  The question is can i make a  11:45 flight departure if i get to the airport by 9 or 9:30?  Thanks in advance.

If you get to the airport by 9am you can make a 10am flight with only the smallest pinch of luck - you'll beat the majority of your fellow cruisers, which is the single most important thing to do for avoiding long queues. Provided you are self-disembarking, so you can be ready to go as soon as the ship clears, you should be at YVR within 45mins of walking off the ship (and if you're among the first folks off, the taxi queue will be almost nonexistent so a cab should get you there just as fast as SkyTrain).

SkyTrain is however the most consistent way to go - especially if it's a multiple-ship day as folks on the other vessel(s) may be off before anyone from your ship, starting a queue for cabs before you can get there. Just avoid the first entrance you see outside the pier on Howe and you'll be fine (it leads to the Expo line platform, and while you can work your way to the Canada Line from inside it's way more hassle than just using the main Cordova Street entrance, as that brings you in right above the platform you actually want).

It also depends on how many cruise ships happen to arrive at the same time which leads to bottlenecks - both human and vehicular.  Hopefully you aren't arriving on a long weekend which can really cause issues.

We were going to have to rush as our flight was at 11:00 am.  Thankfully it’s been pushed back to 1:20 pm, so we can have breakfast!

Remember, if you’re traveling to the USA, it’s an international flight, so you have to arrive TWO HOURS beforehand, not just the one required for domestic travel. Our stopover is in Toronto, so we’ll clear immigration and customs there.