Le Harve Car Rentals

TM

We will be doing a British Isles cruise in August and getting off a day early in LeHarve. Are there any car rental companies at the cruise terminal?  I need to pick up a car there and drop it off in Paris several days later.  If there are no rentals at the terminal will any of the companies come pick us up at the terminal and take us to the rental location?

Thank you in advance.

3 hours ago, TM said:

We will be doing a British Isles cruise in August and getting off a day early in LeHarve. Are there any car rental companies at the cruise terminal?  I need to pick up a car there and drop it off in Paris several days later.  If there are no rentals at the terminal will any of the companies come pick us up at the terminal and take us to the rental location?

Thank you in advance.

We are renting one from Sixt for our day in Le Havre later this month.  I'm not sure what their policies are regarding one way rentals, but they do have a location very close to the port.

• 3 weeks later...

Sixt is in a pretty convenient location vis-à-vis the port.  If they have a good deal on a one-way we would be fast to book.  Since I love to walk (and do walk fast) we would both disembark and I would leave DW in the small terminal with the luggage.  I would then walk out of the port to get the car (the walk is about 20-25 min) and then come back for DW and the luggage.  There is a main security gate at the port and we have previously been able to get through with our rental car and an explanation.   The one concern would be that they change the port policy and not let you back in with a car which certainly would make the morning a bit difficult :(.

Hank

P.S.  Sixt has often been very "careful" about how they inspect cars upon return.  So make sure to carefully inspect when picking-up and have any blemish documented.