When an upgrade is not an upgrade

Kruisn'Kay

7 minutes ago, valleyvillage said:

You have such a great attitude that I bet you have a blast!. Some people actually prefer the PrivaSea (how's that for re-branding?)

Bon Voyage! 

Thank you! I like to think so! I just got off a cruise to Cuba that obviously didn’t go to Cuba. I was disappointed, but didn’t let it spoil my vacation.  You would not believe how many people onboard let it ruin their entire vacation. We work way too hard to let these things affect our happy times cruising! 😁

Good news! My PCC got me changed to an aft balcony!! I’ve never had one, but am excited to try that room type. It goes to show that being kind goes far. Plus, I have learned a lesson in regards to picking a room in advance! 😁😁😁😁

• Haha 1

Yesterday Called my TA because our Mini-Suite (MC) when down approx $400 for our Sept. cruise on the Escape.  TA spent 90 minutes to get NCL agent,  who then had to get approval to offer me an "upgrade" cabin class M2/M3 family MS or $50 OBC. I chose the upgrade not realizing there are some cabin differences -  bathtub in the bathroom and no apparent cabin square footage difference ( NCL was saying it was bigger).  The bottom line after calling them back, I was able to get my original cabin back but unfortunately, OBC offer was no longer on the table.  I was just happy to get my original cabin back. w/o losing my perks -  In my case, the upgrade really wasn't an upgrade for my wife and me. 

Reading through other threads apparently, NCL is experiencing  extended wait times due to  issues with their recent website upgrade that even affects the TA ability to take and review bookings

Edited by JPL1966