Excursions for St Thomas & Curacao

edesse

I will be traveling on the Adventure of the Seas leaving 2/12 and am wondering if anyone could offer some advice on, St THomas, I have done the B.O.B there before and have never been to Maegen's Bay before. Is it worth seeing? do they have chairs for sunning? and finally is it better to find a cab driver opposed to doing it through RCCL???

Any suggestions on Cuaraco????

Any infomation offered will be totally appreciated. Thank You

Michele

We did the Adventure of the Seas July 2004. Its quite costly, but I HIGHLY recommend swimming with the dolphins in Curacao.

My husband & brother in law golfed in St Thomas so I can't comment on what to do there, except we did meet them at the top of Paradise Point after their golf. Beautiful views.

Cuaraco,

Try Shoretrips.com. Have wonderful excursions for many Islands and price is right, and you don't feel like a heard of cattle like many trips from the ship.

MaegansBay. Definately worth the trip. Rated as one of the top beaches in the world. They rent chairs, have a fun bar, and neat shop there. We took a cab and did an excursion thru the ship. If you do the cab on your own, you can control the time and stay as long as you like.

It was great. You get on a open air van and he takes you to shop for 2 hours

tour for 2 hours and choice of beach for 2 hours. All for $20 (we tipped on top of that). Wonderful views on the tour. I took a lot of chamber of commerce type pictures while drinking the best banana daiquiri on earth. The beach was great too. I have only been on 4 cruises but it was probably the best excursion I have taken.

We did Godfrey's tour in St. Thomas, too. I agree, it was one of our best excursions. We did 2 hrs shopping, 2 hrs tour, 2 hours at Coki Beach, then back to the ship.

I got an email from Godfrey recently that said he's added another option. You can also do a 1-hr, 2-hr or 3-hr shopping + 3-hr beach excursion for $20.

His tours are one the of best deals around.

If you want to go to Magen's Bay, just grab a cab when you get off the ship. It will be less expensive and you will have more control over how much time you want to spend at the beach. As nice as Magen's Bay is, we like Trunk Bay or Cinnamon Bay in St. John that much more. Take a cab to Red Hook, jump on the ferry and then take a cab to the National Park or to Cinnamon Bay. There will be cabs there to take you back to the ferry when you want to return, or arrange with the cab driver to come back and pick you up. Not difficult to do on your own and again you can control how much time you spend there. Make sure to leave enough time to get back to the ship at least a half hour before it sails.:)

In Curaçao, we took the ship's beach excursion which took us to the best beach that we have found on the island. It was a distance from Willemstadt.

In October we also were on AOS-great cruise & ship! In St. Thomas we caught a cab to Red Hook and took the ferry over to Truck Bay, St. John's. I believe it will be my all time favorite beach! Beautiful island, sand, water ...I wish I was there now!

In Curacao we took the Beach Fun Bus but got rained out! When it dried out we just did some exploring in the town which was fun and did some shopping. Have a great time! :D

We did Godfrey's tour in St. Thomas, too. I agree, it was one of our best excursions. We did 2 hrs shopping, 2 hrs tour, 2 hours at Coki Beach, then back to the ship.

I got an email from Godfrey recently that said he's added another option. You can also do a 1-hr, 2-hr or 3-hr shopping + 3-hr beach excursion for $20.

His tours are one the of best deals around.

another vote for Godfrey!

When I was there in April 2005, we went to St John's..Trunk Bay. If you like snorkeling, you'll love it there. It was a short 30 min ferry ride to St John and then they take you by bus to Trunk Bay. It was a very nice trip and I am considering doing it again or Magens Bay in March when we do a Southern on the Serenade.

Archived