Where does the Nautica dock in Phuket?

deadzone1003

Going on the Feb. 3, 2020 Cape Town to Singapore cruise.  Right now, trying to determine where the Nautica will be docking when it is at Phuket.  We have 2 other ships that day, the MSC Splendida and the Star Clipper.  It appears that there is only 1 berth for docking at the deep water port at Phuket which I expect the MSC Splendida will get as it as their standard passenger capacity is 4 times the combined total of Nautica and Star Clipper.  During high season, ships are supposed to be tendering the passengers onto Patong Beach.  Called Oceania and they just say we are docking at the deep sea port.  

Hi,

We were on the 2019 Capetown to Singapore  Oceania cruise. I still have all issues of Currents newsletters.   We docked at PHUKET DEEP SEA PORT at Ao Makham (Makham Bay). Went down the gangplank and many guides were waiting. 

Just as an fyi.....We were supposed to be in port from noon till 7pm.  The day before the captain  got on the loudspeaker and announced that we would probably be 5 hours late getting into Phuket.  I had a wonderful Tours by Locals excursion  for 10 set up.  Contacted  TBL. They were great. Said to wait and see what captain  finally decided. Contacted  al in my CC group. They were also great. Said whatever I decided was fine with them.  At noon the next day (When we were supposed to be in Phuket), captain announces that we will get in at 5 and Corporate  gave us permission to stay till 8:30.     TBL offered to give us a shortened tour and change the cost.  We had the most wonderful  tour with Weera B.   TBL sent each person a check when we got back.

Also there were many tent shops set up right by the ship. Had some good stuff.

Miriam 

48 minutes ago, Mrs f. said:

Hi,

We were on the 2019 Capetown to Singapore  Oceania cruise. I still have all issues of Currents newsletters.   We docked at PHUKET DEEP SEA PORT at Ao Makham (Makham Bay). Went down the gangplank and many guides were waiting. 

Just as an fyi.....We were supposed to be in port from noon till 7pm.  The day before the captain  got on the loudspeaker and announced that we would probably be 5 hours late getting into Phuket.  I had a wonderful Tours by Locals excursion  for 10 set up.  Contacted  TBL. They were great. Said to wait and see what captain  finally decided. Contacted  al in my CC group. They were also great. Said whatever I decided was fine with them.  At noon the next day (When we were supposed to be in Phuket), captain announces that we will get in at 5 and Corporate  gave us permission to stay till 8:30.     TBL offered to give us a shortened tour and change the cost.  We had the most wonderful  tour with Weera B.   TBL sent each person a check when we got back.

Also there were many tent shops set up right by the ship. Had some good stuff.

Miriam 

Wonderful information . but because, as they say in the financial World, "Past performance is no indication of current return", it is best to get Port information directly from the Port Authority.

In this case a Google search for "Phuket 2019 Cruise Calendar", should do the trick.  😄

Miriam,

Thank you very much.  I'm surprised that the Nautica was actually docking at the Deep Sea Port.  I guess we will be docking at the Deep Sea Port.  I'm just curious where the Costa Fortuna was that day - tendering over at Patong Beach?

I know that at several  stops there were other ships also docked. Don't think there were others at Phuket. I think this was the original  intended dock since my issue of Currents still had us regarding at 6:30 For 7pm departure.