Quick question about alcohol at embarkation....

Hello!  I am currently in Venice and about to board NCL Epic near Rome midweek.  I bought some small bottles of limoncello here but now I am worried.  Will NCL let them onboard and hold them until debarkation?  I am fine with that, but I am afraid they won't allow them at all on my embarkation day.   Hoping since lines allow purchases in port (but hold them), I can get by.....

29 minutes ago, summercruisin' said:

Hello!  I am currently in Venice and about to board NCL Epic near Rome midweek.  I bought some small bottles of limoncello here but now I am worried.  Will NCL let them onboard and hold them until debarkation?  I am fine with that, but I am afraid they won't allow them at all on my embarkation day.   Hoping since lines allow purchases in port (but hold them), I can get by.....

Yes, they will. Make sure the bottles are unopened.

We have done that - in CPH 2 years ago we brought 5 bottles (litres) of Akvavit 😎 on board for the TA from CPH to Miami with Bermuda as a stop enroute. They held them and released them to us (along with knives and stainless skewers that we bought in DK 🤪) when the ship docked in Bermuda, and we took them off ship and took them home along with dirty laundry. 😁 We returned to ship to continue the cruise to Miami.

ENJOY!! (we LOVE limoncello!!)

3 minutes ago, hallux said:

2 words - naughty room

They'll see it and call you to the "naughty room" to check your luggage...

Nooooo, silly .. that's just in carry on baggage! ;)      RumRunner flasks work great too, by the way  ;) ;)

Edited by F27TW

8 hours ago, hallux said:

https://www.ncl.com/faq#!#can-i-bring-alcohol-board

Doesn't say you CAN bring it on embarkation day and they'll store, but it also doesn't say you can't bring it at all.  It only addresses alcohol purchases in port-of-call or on board.

Yeah, I checked that first and saw the same.  It isn't entirely clear, especially since I am embarking at what is a port stop for probably more than half the ship.  

7 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

Yes, they will. Make sure the bottles are unopened.

We have done that - in CPH 2 years ago we brought 5 bottles (litres) of Akvavit 😎 on board for the TA from CPH to Miami with Bermuda as a stop enroute. They held them and released them to us (along with knives and stainless skewers that we bought in DK 🤪) when the ship docked in Bermuda, and we took them off ship and took them home along with dirty laundry. 😁 We returned to ship to continue the cruise to Miami.

ENJOY!! (we LOVE limoncello!!)

Thanks!  That makes me feel better!  🙂

6 hours ago, summercruisin' said:

Thanks!  That makes me feel better!  🙂

Make sure you carry them in your hand luggage so they can take them after it's been thru the security. Otherwise, if you put them in your checked luggage you'd have to go to the naughty room to pick the bags up (and surrender the booze).

On the CPH-MIA TA the above mentioned knives and skewers were in the checked luggage and we'd forgotten about that. We never returned to cabin until almost midnight, only to find 1 out of 3 bags there plus a letter. So we went down to Guest Services and they took us behind doors to our 2 bags. I opened them and took out the sharp items and handed them over to the Nepalese security. They were very nice about it.