Unexpected upgrade!

marti2282

6 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

IMO no formula, as you can go on the move up site without any invitation, we did twice.  Bottom line the highest bid wins.  Of course moving from a sky suite to celebrity suite bid is much less then moving from a balcony to a celebrity suite.  

But what confuses me about the ‘highest bid’ thing is that sometimes people report getting bids accepted weeks before sailing.  In other cases not until a couple days before.  If Celebrity was always wanting the highest bid, why wouldn’t they always wait until very close to sailing?  Those things are what makes me wonder.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2019 at 9:56 PM, phoenix_dream said:

But what confuses me about the ‘highest bid’ thing is that sometimes people report getting bids accepted weeks before sailing.  In other cases not until a couple days before.  If Celebrity was always wanting the highest bid, why wouldn’t they always wait until very close to sailing?  Those things are what makes me wonder.

I believe they try to hold out depending upon the date and popularity of the cruise- for example, on a cruise we are going on

in a few weeks- over 35 AQ cabins and about the same CC cabins are  still available- doubt that they  all will fill up before the cruise and the rates also came down.  - so Celebrity must have stats and realize they can move some people up quickly.  However if you wanted a suite-and one or two were available, and probably not listed as available,  they probably are holding off.