princess experience with kids?

vizgal

Hello!

We are considering Princess on a 2020 Summer Europe cruise with our 7-yr old daughter. We have sailed princess before kids and enjoyed ourselves. Disney has now priced us out of the market and we are looking for another more upscale family cruising experience.  Can anyone comment on a recent princess sailing with children?  How did the 'new' discovery kids club go?  This option is very appealing to us but looking for advice!

Thanks You!

We haven’t tried it ourselves just yet, but will be on a Princess cruise with our 7 year old daughter in 3 weeks. She’s only been on one other cruise, a Disney cruise just before she turned 5. I’ve been reading up on the kids club on Princess wondering how it might compare.

Based on everything I’ve read I’m pretty hopeful she’ll like it. It sounds like they have a lot of activities for the kids to do, like arts and crafts and educational stuff. I’ve read that the kids produce a lot of things they can take home with them. People largely seem to be pleased with Camp Discovery. 

3 minutes ago, Dani24 said:

We haven’t tried it ourselves just yet, but will be on a Princess cruise with our 7 year old daughter in 3 weeks. She’s only been on one other cruise, a Disney cruise just before she turned 5. I’ve been reading up on the kids club on Princess wondering how it might compare.

Based on everything I’ve read I’m pretty hopeful she’ll like it. It sounds like they have a lot of activities for the kids to do, like arts and crafts and educational stuff. I’ve read that the kids produce a lot of things they can take home with them. People largely seem to be pleased with Camp Discovery. 

thanks!  that's what we have read as well!

we took our son/dil and two grandchildren (girls 5 & 3). We were worried that they would not like going to the kids camp and we would have to entertain them at the pool 24/7.  They loved the kids camp. They went every time it was open.  Camp is closed for lunch and then open again in the afternoon.  If you want to do an excursion and not take your kid, you can sign them up for the day and they will watch them while you are off the ship.

The kids camp had them doing something at the time.  We came home with more art projects, jewelry making, craft stuff then we did anything else.

Take your kids.

We started cruising with Disney when our youngest was 5. We discovered we loved cruising so we started looking at other lines because Disney was so expensive and so limited with just two ships at the time. We tried a few lines but soon found Princess to be our favorite and have been on more than 20 Princess Cruises with our kids who are now young adults. We found Princess a great fit for our children and for us. They enjoyed the kids clubs when they were young and there was plenty for us to do as a family. I am sure you will have a great experience and your daughter will make great memories just as my children have!

6 minutes ago, karatemom2 said:

We started cruising with Disney when our youngest was 5. We discovered we loved cruising so we started looking at other lines because Disney was so expensive and so limited with just two ships at the time. We tried a few lines but soon found Princess to be our favorite and have been on more than 20 Princess Cruises with our kids who are now young adults. We found Princess a great fit for our children and for us. They enjoyed the kids clubs when they were young and there was plenty for us to do as a family. I am sure you will have a great experience and your daughter will make great memories just as my children have!

this is great to hear!  Yes, we enjoy cruising as a family but can't stomach Disney-which for a typical Europe cruise is DOUBLE that of other lines. 

My kids went on their first cruise when they were 7 and 4. We've been on Cunard, Carnival and Princess ships. The Princess kids clubs were by far the best they've experienced. They are now 13 and 10 and love Princess. They spend most of their time in the clubs, but do come to do some of the game shows and other entertainment events on board too. They are looking forward to our next cruise in December.

We have been cruising Princess (and some other lines, but not Disney) with DS (now 10) since he was a baby. DS loves cruising and his (and ours) preferred lien is actually Princess. Kid club is great with very good counselors and a ton of activities. On newer ships (Royal class) DS loves participating in all the game shows.

We have just returned from 11 day Baltic on Regal. DS loved the cruise, but actually wished for more "sea days", so he can go to kids club more :)

My kids are 5 and 7 and absolutely love the kids club. The oldest will be 8 on our next cruise and while she absolutely loves all the crafts in the 3-7 group, she's looking forward to doing the other activities as well. My biggest problem with the kids club is that the kids want to be there every second it is open. :) We've only sailed on Princess, so I can't compare it to anything else, but Princess is a great fit for us.

We cruised May 19 on CB with our 4 year old grandson.

i cannot say enough good things about the kids club!

He loved it!

Pirate Day , Shark Day- they always had something going on.

The staff was amazing.

Disney is def overpriced

We are not even considering them any longer after having such a great experience on

Princess.