Ovation of the Seas Alaska: Sign up for activities onboard

Hello - We are first time RCCL cruisers with a couple of questions for those who have sailed on Ovation to Alaska. 

Will we have access to the Royal IQ app once on board and do we just connect to ship WiFi and use our usual RCCL to sign in to schedule activities? Alternatively, where exactly do we go once aboard to reserve activities including iFly, Northstar and shows? Some have said Boleros and others said go to the box office, 270 or directly to location of the activity. 

You will be able to use the app once you're connected to the ship's WiFi.   Look for the box office location in the flyer you will receive at check-in, or in the Day 1 Compass.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is the escape room available to book on the app as well? I know it’s not a highly publicized thing - I only found out about it on this forum, so wasn’t sure if it had to be done in person. Thanks! 

18 hours ago, Mslynn79 said:

Is the escape room available to book on the app as well? I know it’s not a highly publicized thing - I only found out about it on this forum, so wasn’t sure if it had to be done in person. Thanks! 

I was very disappointed in how Ovation handles the escape room booking.  You are correct it is not publicized, not even in the Compass.  You can't book before boarding, and I had been told on the boards somewhere that you could book it using the app once downloaded and you board the ship--no one in our party could find the activity even listed on the app.  Then it's almost impossible once you are on the ship to find the actual escape room itself. It's not marked nor is it on any deck maps I saw.  I think someone said you could book it on board (they suggested day one) somewhere on the 14th deck but good luck with that.  I love escape rooms so I was quite disappointed in how difficult RCL made it to participate on Ovation.

• Like 1

They were charging $15 per person for the escape room on our 6/21 sailing. I think you signed up at the desk in Seaplex but didn’t participate due to the price. 

The app was wonky during embarkation and I couldn’t sign up for anything. We even missed out on several nights of specialty dining because we are newbies and didn’t know how to play the game. 

Oh well! We still had an amazing time!

You can book it when on deck 4 of esplanade.  Might be able to book in boleros but did not stop there.  No one in 270 taking reservations.  We got there at 1050am and did not leave till rooms were ready at 1pm.  Did not see a crewmember taking reservations for activities there.  You cannot book anything via the Royal IQ until you get into your cabin.  You will need an access code that you get from the screen of your TV in the cabin.  You need that code to log into the royal IQ app.  

Did not find the escape room either.  Will visit seaplex to see if there is a charge.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, frank808 said:

You cannot book anything via the Royal IQ until you get into your cabin.  You will need an access code that you get from the screen of your TV in the cabin.  You need that code to log into the royal IQ app.  

Not sure what happened to you but no code is needed to use Royal IQ app - it just works as soon as you connect to the ship WiFi.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Not sure what happened to you but no code is needed to use Royal IQ app - it just works as soon as you connect to the ship WiFi.

Boarded this Friday and opened Royal IQ app.  Could not book anything until I had access code that I had to get.  Tried to register and it would not let me do anything.  Here is the screenshot of app.

Screenshot_20190708-092152_Royal iQ.jpg