Sailing from Ft. Lauderdale, Flying from Miami--Luggage Express?

Luvsnorkeling

We are sailing on Celebrity from Ft. Lauderdale but having to fly in and out of Miami. Can anyone tell me if we will be able to use Luggage Express to get our luggage transferred after the cruise from the ship to the Miami airport? Or will they only work with departures from Ft. Lauderdale airport? Thanks!

Just so we are on the same page, Luggage Express is a completely different service. This is a company which picks up your suitcases from your home and delivers them to some cruise ships.  I don’t believe that Celebrity is one of them at this time.

The service the OP needs is “luggage valet”.  For a fee, your suitcases will be transferred from the cruise ship to the airport, checked in for you, and then the next time you see them is at your home airport when you collect them at baggage claim.   Not all airlines participate, and there are time restrictions, so your flight cannot leave too early in the morning. But it is available per ships which arrive in Miami with passengers who will fly out of Fort Lauderdale. And the reverse, ships which arrive at Fort Lauderdale and passengers fly out of Miami.

As I remember, and I’m sure someone will correct me if this is wrong, your flight couldn’t leave before 2 PM.

Thanks all! I think this service may be called by different names, depending on the cruise line you are sailing with. I'm pretty sure it was called Luggage Express on one of the other lines we sailed. This will only be our second cruise with Celebrity, and the last one was 6 years ago (But my FAVE!! 15 days out of San Diego around Hawaii and back for our 25th anniversary on the old Celebrity Century. What a classy old gal with a fantastic crew and food!!). That is why I was not familiar with the name it is called on Celebrity.

We've used this service a number of times on different cruise lines, and it is worth every penny! Previously, we had bags sent to the airport in the city where we disembarked. But we weren't sure we could disembark in Ft. Lauderdale and have luggage sent to the Miami airport. We are thrilled to learn that we will not have to haul our suitcases all that way!! Just getting ourselves there will be challenge enough!  We're flying on American after 3 PM. So fingers crossed that it will work for us...