Driver for the Day

l2f

Hello,

A few years ago we were at a port where taxis were expensive.  It was actually cheaper (based on what/where we wanted to go) hire a private driver for the day.  We went to see the sights we wanted to see, then spend the remaining time at the beach.  Driver stayed with us at the beach.  This worked out also as the beach was a bit from the port.

I haven't seen any threads here for Aruba about hiring a driver.  Has anyone done this and if so may we ask who you hired.

Thanks in Advance.

L2F

There used to be many threads about this, but I haven't seen any lately. We always use Bully for tours and transportation.  He will customize the tour to where you want to go. Taxi rates are $50.00 per hour, which is set by the government. We vacation in Aruba every year and have used Bully for 10 years. He is a great guy and gives wonderful tours. Bully's email address is bullytaxi79@hotmail.com. His response will come under the name Amador Lacle. Be sure and check your spam because a lot of the emails from Aruba go there. 

11 hours ago, fmkkso said:

Greetings. I'm going on vacation soon. And here is the question. There is an organization that offers car rental services at the 'Queen Beatrix Airport' point. Selection, booking and customer assistance are available in all major languages. Every day they help dozens of travelers to find and order the desired car anywhere in the world. According to their search criteria, you can choose the right car in Aruba at a guaranteed low price. Is everything as sweet as they say?

I've never heard of this before, but there are many reputable companies that you can rent directly from.  We vacation in Aruba every year. Some years we don't rent a car at all, and others where we have rented for just a few days. We find that the car sits in the lot most of the time, so we don't need one for a full week.

Right now there is so much construction going on around the island that driving is very challenging. They are installing 18 roundabouts at the same time around the island.   I've had many "cyber" friends there over the last few months who said that driving around the island is horrible.  Detours are not well marked, if marked at all. If you are going to Aruba soon, you'd be better off using taxis (which are cheap and reliable) or the bus.

Where are you staying? A lot of places are walkable from most resorts.