Nieuw Statendam room question

luv-my-kids

Quick question......I called Holland direct and received two different answers. We booked the Nieuw Statendam room 7107 balcony room. I know the balcony is larger. I can see from the deck plan it's true. Well another agent said the room was also a bit larger than a regular balcony room. Was wonder if anyone can confirm.  The 1st agent said the room was NOT larger. Not sure who to believe.     Thanks!

Edited by luv-my-kids
error

1 minute ago, catl331 said:

It is no larger or smaller than any other SS cabin. It is 50% wider than a standard veranda.  So which are you asking?

Is the room larger...not the balcony. I was told by one agent the room is larger than a standard balcony room.  Thanks

New to Holland

3 minutes ago, luv-my-kids said:

Is the room larger...not the balcony. I was told by one agent the room is larger than a standard balcony room.  Thanks

New to Holland

A standard Veranda cabin is 9 ft wide. An SS is 13.5 ft wide.

Edited by catl331

The room in question is not a SS, it is a V, the same size cabin as the VAs aft of the Neptune Suites between them. The person who said the interior space was larger may have been thinking of 7131/34 in which the wedge of bump-out is added to the cabin (not very useable triangle of space) instead of the balcony as it is on 7107/16.

9 hours ago, luv-my-kids said:

Quick question......I called Holland direct and received two different answers. We booked the Nieuw Statendam room 7107 balcony room. I know the balcony is larger. I can see from the deck plan it's true. Well another agent said the room was also a bit larger than a regular balcony room. Was wonder if anyone can confirm.  The 1st agent said the room was NOT larger. Not sure who to believe.     Thanks!

We are booked in NS 7107 for a cruise departing August 4. We booked that verandah cabin specifically for the larger balcony. I don't believe the cabin in larger than other V cabins but I'll know for sure in less than month:) Our group is doing a cabin crawl so we'll get to see some verandah cabins with the standard size balcony. I can let you know after we get back. 

Edited by surgie

2 hours ago, crystalspin said:

The room in question is not a SS, it is a V, the same size cabin as the VAs

You're right ... I looked at the Koningsdam deck plan, not Nieuw Statendam, where 7107 IS an SS.  Sorry, OP, your room is a standard Verandah size, 9 ft by 22 ft, and the picture links I gave you don't apply.

Since the room sizes that HAL quotes includes the balcony it is possible that the HAL rep who said the room was larger was looking at that total, not just the inside space.  Or they were simply wrong!

Edited by catl331

On 7/9/2019 at 6:13 AM, catl331 said:

You're right ... I looked at the Koningsdam deck plan, not Nieuw Statendam, where 7107 IS an SS.  Sorry, OP, your room is a standard Verandah size, 9 ft by 22 ft, and the picture links I gave you don't apply.

Since the room sizes that HAL quotes includes the balcony it is possible that the HAL rep who said the room was larger was looking at that total, not just the inside space.  Or they were simply wrong!

Thanks for all the info. I hung up with Holland..... I moved to room 7131, She said the room was definitely larger. The balcony would be smaller...but the room is larger.