Anthem of the Seas - July 4 - Pluses and minuses

Bionic Bar

This novelty act needs upgrades. It was broken more than it was working and it couldn’t make a lot of different drinks. It’s being added to the Oasis, so I hope RCL will incorporate some improvements. Maybe they should hire this guy to help them figure out how to expand their drink menu: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AamubW0wnNo

On 7/15/2019 at 9:27 AM, Sizzlechest said:

Yes, you can use your cell phone to make phone calls and send texts if your phone and carrier allows WiFi Calling. Here’s how to test it at home:

1. Ensure your phone can connect to your home’s WiFi.
  2. Turn on airplane mode. This will kill all connections.
  3. Turn on the phone’s WiFi. Verify your phone can access the Internet.
  4. Search your phone’s settings for WiFi Calling and enable it.
  5. Try to make a call and send/receive texts. If it works on land like this, it will work on the ship.

Great review, thank you!

Just a note of caution, check with your carrier and your plan.  There could be substantial charges with wifi calling or none at all depending on your plan.  

On 7/17/2019 at 2:14 AM, sparkle said:

She also said if I did not pay for the items in my cart, they would be deleted. The only Item I had was the North Star, which was supposed to be free. And when I went online after the call, sure enough, NO NORTH STAR reservation. Now we have no reservations for anything, which DH is not happy about, since most of the hype about the Anthem is for these things.  If you happen to know 1) exactly where/how I would book when I am on the ship, I would love to know that, and 2) are these things worth standing in long lines to book?  We've done over a dozen cruises on other ships and found plenty to do that didn't seem to be so complicated to get to.   I really appreciate your insight.  

I too have had an annoying experience of this,we are on Quantums' repo cruise from China to Singapore in October,soon after booking I spent ages going through menus & making reservations for most of the 12 nights in the complimentary restaurants,seemed a good idea at the time,a few weeks ago I got an email confirming my cancellation of these bookings,when I queried it the reply was that they had no record of my making these reservations in the first place,the mind boggles!

Great review thanks!!!

Edited by snaefell

37 minutes ago, Sizzlechest said:

I wonder if this is related to RCL charging for reservations on Singapore cruises?

I would imagine so,I have read that as the passengers on most of the cruises out of China are predominantly Chinese the bar takings are a bit short so they have to make up elsewhere!