Australia River Cruise - Murray Princess

westcoasttech

When I was planning this trip I could find very little info about the Murray Princess.  I’m not really in a position right now to write a full length review, but will post a few pics just in case there is any one looking into booking it.  The bottom line is I loved it!  I did the 3 night route B2B with the 4 night to make a 7 night cruise, but that did mean that I repeated some of the route.  It was very different to anything else I’ve ever done and very relaxing.  I was the only non-Aussie on the 1st part and on the 2nd part there was a total of 3 non-Aussies.  I met some lovely people on-board and the crew was amazing!  I’d love to do it again some day!

I’d be happy to answer any specific questions for any one heading down under.

0511185D-CC83-48A9-AAF6-2F306A89B322.jpeg

DE491C97-68BD-4397-9EFD-94A572C1B3D3.jpeg

FD3E4B98-044E-48E5-BDAC-BE17E834F5DD.jpeg

96668739-C537-49C8-A11A-AE1A5824EA73.jpeg

FEED8142-A636-4ADE-B5D9-A09B624DEF9F.jpeg

02679E77-FB63-4A14-AC92-C18678375980.jpeg

• Haha 1

Thanks for the great photos.  I am from Melbourne, Australia and am reasonably ashamed to say that I know very little about this cruise.

It would be wonderful if you could come back when you have more time and give us a little review.

Glad you enjoyed yourself, did you travel during our winter?

• Haha 1

I had a look at the website last night, and it seems quite expensive.  For the top level cabin for a four night cruise it was over $2000 AUD, which is an awful lot of money.  There don't appear to be any private balconies.  There don't appear to be any drinks included, other than tea and coffee.

$4000 per couple for 4 nights is a lot but I will wait and hope that a trip report is forthcoming that might justify the price.  As an example we are paying $10000 for our 7 night Rhine cruise with Scenic in October, but that is totally all inclusive and in a Junior Suite.

This is exactly why we tend to always travel overseas, holidays in Australia are very expensive.

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...