Camp Ocean and Night Owls

icedancer43

We will be sailing on the Carnival Magic with our 4-year-old and this will be the first time he will be able to attend Camp Ocean. We went on a different cruise line last year and he was unable to go to the kids club due to not being potty trained. We have also been looking at the Funtimes from previous sailings to get an idea of what to expect aboard Carnival. We plan to have him with us most of the time, but would like to know what our options are to give him some time to play with other kids, especially at night time to give us some adult time. With our research, I know he will be in the Penguins group. We have some questions to manage our expectations for his experience in Camp Ocean. 

1. Is Camp Ocean open on embarkation day for children to participate in activities, especially at night?

2. What activities are done during the Night Owls time? 

3. How does charging work for Night Owls? For example, if a child is there from 10pm until 11:30pm, will they charge for a full 2 hours for prorate it for 1.5 hours?

4. If a child is already at Camp Ocean between the complimentary hours of 7pm and 10pm, can they stay over into the night owl hours or does a parent have to "resign" them in specifically        for the night owls program?

5. How much are extra kid activities, such as Build a Bear Workshop at Sea and Owl Jams Party?

6. Any other tips about Camp Ocean and Night Owls will be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you!

1.  It is open for a brief time during the day to register and get a schedule. First time to leave them there is at 10 when night owls starts.  

2.  They have some theme parties, make crafts, play, watch movies, sometimes fall asleep.

3.  Price is per hour on regular non party nights. Then on theme nights there is a set price no matter how long they stay.  Plus grats.

4.  They can stay on. I take my kid in his pjs so he can go right to bed after pick up and sometimes he's asleep.

My son loves it but he was in preschool so he was used to being away from us.  The girls are awesome!  I have a schedule I'll post for you from 2018 that should give you an idea.