Buying Liquer on board

Bebet

If you buy liquer on board can you take it back to your room for immediate consumption? Is it cheaper than on shore (in the states) stores usually. I'm thinking Bailey's.

As of August, you can no longer buy and take it back to the cabin with you. Whatever you purchase on board in the store will be delivered to your stateroom the night before your cruise is over.

If you buy liquer on board can you take it back to your room for immediate consumption? Is it cheaper than on shore (in the states) stores usually. I'm thinking Bailey's.

It's much cheaper to buy it on shore then on the boat but technically its against the rules. That apparently doesnt stop many people from doing it and I havent seen any posts where they have denied someone from bringing it on.

It's much cheaper to buy it on shore then on the boat but technically its against the rules. That apparently doesnt stop many people from doing it and I havent seen any posts where they have denied someone from bringing it on.

Try it or not, is up to you. ;) There have been many postings of having it taken. There have been many postings of getting it on the ship. It is the luck of the draw.

I am one of those who had it taken from me when returning to the ship in Cozumel. I had only one bottle. There were a hundred plus of bottles all over the floor as you entered the ship. I got it back the night before the cruise was over.

Am I going to try again on my next cruise? YES!

[/b]

Try it or not, is up to you. ;) There have been many postings of having it taken. There have been many postings of getting it on the ship. It is the luck of the draw.

I am one of those who had it taken from me when returning to the ship in Cozumel. I had only one bottle. There were a hundred plus of bottles all over the floor as you entered the ship. I got it back the night before the cruise was over.

Am I going to try again on my next cruise? YES!

Thanks for the info. :)

Alexis.........have you heard of anyone that has had liquor confiscated from their luggage, actually carry on or otherwise, on embarkation?

When reaching ports on the cruise, and trying to bring back liquor from a port.......you are right......there is the luck of the draw.

The rules of the ship state no liquor will be brought aboard! They also state that formal night will consist of tuxes or dark suits! today, neither rule is inforced!

Rick

Alexis.........have you heard of anyone that has had liquor confiscated from their luggage, actually carry on or otherwise, on embarkation?

When reaching ports on the cruise, and trying to bring back liquor from a port.......you are right......there is the luck of the draw.

The rules of the ship state no liquor will be brought aboard! They also state that formal night will consist of tuxes or dark suits! today, neither rule is inforced!

Rick

The no liquor rule in enforced to a degree. The formal attire rule is not enforced cause it is not a rule, just a suggestion.

That's often correct for non-US ports, as well as USVI and Puerto Rico. But Bebet specifically wrote "on shore (in the states)," which to me means the 50 states. In that case, it's usually much cheaper to buy it in the duty free store onboard or duty free at one of the ports than it is to buy it in the states.

And it is not against the rules to buy alcohol on port stops. It's against the rules to take those purchases to your cabin. You are supposed to turn them in when reboarding so they can be stored on the ship and delivered to you the last night of the cruise so you can take them home.

beachchick

Rick

Below is just one of many of the posts about this liquor question and being confiscated upon boarding the ship. I am not going to look for anymore of them because I really don't feel it necessary.

I will not get into a discussion about formal night, dress code, etc. That has nothing to do with this thread or the question asked.

Have a great day. ;)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=5628495&highlight=liquor+confiscated#post5628495

As has been said, RCI started a policy in August that liquor bought onboard cannot be taken to the cabins. Likewise, if you but a bottle at a port, it will be confiscated. Liquor is delivered the last day of the cruise. I have always packed a bottle in my checked or carry-on, so I could enjoy a quiet drink on my balcony, and have never had it confiscated.

As has been said, RCI started a policy in August that liquor bought onboard cannot be taken to the cabins. Likewise, if you but a bottle at a port, it will be confiscated. Liquor is delivered the last day of the cruise. I have always packed a bottle in my checked or carry-on, so I could enjoy a quiet drink on my balcony, and have never had it confiscated.

As most if not all others, but you still have to remeber that it could happen even if unliekly.

I just wanted to validate something that was told to my sister, that the liquer was cheaper in the shop on the ship and you could take it back to the room immediately. However this is not true, so I will be bringing my Baileys mini's with me. Thanks for the input.

We were on the Splendour of the Seas in January. We purchased 1 Litre

of Baileys on the Ship for $18.95. Where we live it costs $28.99 plus tax. So it is a pretty good deal. Of course we couldn't take it back to our room but it was delievered the last night. Cheers:D

Archived