Vancouver Hotel Post cruise

TSUmom

We end our cruise in Vancouver and are looking at spending 2-3 days visiting the city and relaxing. I have already searched for suggestions here but most people want convenience to the port.  We are looking for a hotel with a great central location near transportation.  Price is not a concern we would just like to be able to get around easily without renting a car.  

If price isn't a concern you cant do more convenient than the Fairmont Pacific Rim, Fairmont Waterfront, or Pan Pacific Hotel-- all located within walking distance (Pan Pacific is part of the terminal) of where the ship docks and very central for visiting Vancouver. I have elite status with Fairmont so I'm a bit biased there, but any of these hotels are very nice. 

33 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

If price isn't a concern you cant do more convenient than the Fairmont Pacific Rim, Fairmont Waterfront, or Pan Pacific Hotel-- all located within walking distance (Pan Pacific is part of the terminal) of where the ship docks and very central for visiting Vancouver. I have elite status with Fairmont so I'm a bit biased there, but any of these hotels are very nice. 

I have looked at all 3 of these and they are beautiful.  I have been leaning toward staying in that area and it is good to know they are all centrally located.   The Pan Pacific seems to be a favorite for cruisers.

33 minutes ago, TSUmom said:

The Pan Pacific seems to be a favorite for cruisers.

Most likely because its literally part of the cruise terminal building. I think out of the three of those the Fairmont Pacific Rim is most likely the nicest overall by a fairly wide margin-- the Fairmont Waterfront and Pan Pacific are most likely a draw (I've stayed in both Fairmont properties and have been in the public spaces of the Pan Pacific). 

Edited by princeton123211

5 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

Most likely because its literally part of the cruise terminal building. I think out of the three of those the Fairmont Pacific Rim is most likely the nicest overall by a fairly wide margin-- the Fairmont Waterfront and Pan Pacific are most likely a draw (I've stayed in both Fairmont properties and have been in the public spaces of the Pan Pacific). 

Great thank you!!

If you're looking in that sort of price range, then you should also consider the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver (the most centrally-located one of the Fairmont trio downtown), Shangri-La (best hotel in the city by official * ratings), L'Hermitage (consistently right at the top of TripAdvisor ratings), Four Seasons, Blu, JW Marriott Parq, and the Westin Grand - these are all more central than the pier hotels. If you planned to spend all your time in Stanley Park or on the North Shore then the Westin Bayshore would also make sense - but it's the least-walkable downtown hotel otherwise as it's tucked right in at the far northwest end.

Not that there's an awful lot of difference in ANY downtown core hotel location as it's such a compact area overall, with hotels nearer any one thing obviously being further from the other tourist sites! But with Chinatown having no hotels at all, Gastown only having one that's not a total fleapit, then hotels closer to the east end of the downtown peninsula (especially in and near Yaletown) are arguably the most convenient overall for walking to the sites as well as generally better for SkyTrain access due to all of the stations being in the eastern half.

Best idea is probably to check in your preferred online map where the tourist sites you plan to visit are and see which hotel is most convenient overall.

Edited by martincath

15 hours ago, martincath said:

If you're looking in that sort of price range, then you should also consider the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver (the most centrally-located one of the Fairmont trio downtown), Shangri-La (best hotel in the city by official * ratings), L'Hermitage (consistently right at the top of TripAdvisor ratings), Four Seasons, Blu, JW Marriott Parq, and the Westin Grand - these are all more central than the pier hotels. If you planned to spend all your time in Stanley Park or on the North Shore then the Westin Bayshore would also make sense - but it's the least-walkable downtown hotel otherwise as it's tucked right in at the far northwest end.

Not that there's an awful lot of difference in ANY downtown core hotel location as it's such a compact area overall, with hotels nearer any one thing obviously being further from the other tourist sites! But with Chinatown having no hotels at all, Gastown only having one that's not a total fleapit, then hotels closer to the east end of the downtown peninsula (especially in and near Yaletown) are arguably the most convenient overall for walking to the sites as well as generally better for SkyTrain access due to all of the stations being in the eastern half.

Best idea is probably to check in your preferred online map where the tourist sites you plan to visit are and see which hotel is most convenient overall.

Thank you!  We plan on walking and taking the SkyTrain if necessary.  We enjoy taking in sites, taking pictures and just doing what ever looks interesting at the moment.