Junior Suite on Discovery & Express Check-in?

Hi all. We sail on the Discovery for 2 weeks on 9th August and have a Jr suite on deck 8 which comes with express check-in. Flights are East Mids - Corfu. 

Anyone have any feedback regarding the Jr suite cabins and/or the process of express check-in? Is it for flights and the ship or just the ship? Thanks in advance... 

Edited by Benpb

1 hour ago, Pensioncruiser said:

It's just for check in on the ship, sometimes very useful. What do you want to know about the suites? We have been in a couple and love them but preferred the stern one which we have booked again 😎for September. 

Hi PC.

I will bow to your greater knowledge but I was under the impression that express check in was on the aircraft as well or is that just for premier seats on the Dreamliner? 

Keep well.😉

I've got both this week, having the Suite and extra legroom premium seats, so won't be able to check if you get both by only having the one booked. 

But I will be able to report back on the process on my return.

1 hour ago, SausPud said:

I've got both this week, having the Suite and extra legroom premium seats, so won't be able to check if you get both by only having the one booked. 

But I will be able to report back on the process on my return.

Hi SP how are you getting premium seats to Palma🤔

6 minutes ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Hi SP how are you getting premium seats to Palma🤔

Hi PC, I purchased extra legroom seats on a dreamliner flight as soon as the flight became available (usually 10 months before departure), so they are the premium seats you would buy on a long haul flight. I also got the airport lounge at Gatwick pre flight. 

Priority departure on an aeroplane is pointless. Getting on first makes no difference to when you take off and your seat is reserved anyway so why bother sitting first?

35 minutes ago, SausPud said:

Hi PC, I purchased extra legroom seats on a dreamliner flight as soon as the flight became available (usually 10 months before departure), so they are the premium seats you would buy on a long haul flight. I also got the airport lounge at Gatwick pre flight. 

Priority departure on an aeroplane is pointless. Getting on first makes no difference to when you take off and your seat is reserved anyway so why bother sitting first?

Lucky you we only have the 737👍

Also, does anyone know what time the online check in opens? We fly on Fri 9th, so tomorrow our 7 day window opens, just wondered how early in the morning it is open? Thanks again... 

Well, with the amount we've paid for the 2 week cruise during school holidays (disgusting price hikes - we don't have children, but are both teachers), another £44 was a drop in the ocean, so I reserved seats and checked in last night so we will be sat together both out and back. Lucky I did too, as only 4 places left on the flight with 2 or more seats together according to the plan. 

Thanks for your replies.