Adventure of the Seas Splash away Bay Kids Question

I just saw on the cruise deck plans that they kid's splash away area has a height restriction of at least 42 inches.  Are they really strict on this,? it is just a little water slide!  It is just after multiple cruises of my youngest in diapers and not being able to use much on board he is finally potty trained and I don't feel like fighting with him all week.. He will be a little shy of the 42 inch...I just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with this..thanks!!!

Oh, yes, indeed! Last year we went, and our little girl was a little shy of 42 inches. But wait, it gets worse. They wouldn't let her on the purple slide (ridiculous; she was on a much more 'interesting' slide at a water park in Aruba that cruise) but was basically told go to the splash zone for the littler kids.

Okay, were adaptable. But the guy guarding that wasn't the same as the one guarding the slide, and he said she couldn't use the splash zone unless she was wearing a swim diaper. We explained she's been potty trained for some time so we don't haul swim diapers around. Didn't matter; he claimed she had to have a swim diaper.

The ship has swim diapers, but not nearly large enough to fit her. 

These kids of asinine disappointments don't go over well with a kid just under 5 watching the others have fun. It was otherwise a fine cruises, but that obviously left a bad taste in my mouth.

So, what I suggest is try some of this:

1.) Get the kid a pair of 'water shoes' - thickest soled you can get, let the kid's hair grow thick on top if possible, and coach the kid about stretching upward when measured.

2.) Unfortunately my wife had her a skirt-type swim suit, but with a boy he'll likely have swim trunks. Make sure he has really baggy ones so the crew member guarding the splash zone can 'play dumb' if so inclined, since it won't be glaringly obvious he's not wearing a swim diaper.

3.) Hunt down really big swim diapers and back some that fit him just in case. 

If all else fails, book water sports type activities at port stops.

We have been on both Ovation and Harmony that both have splashaway bays.  They were strict on height of 42 inches on both.   

My my youngest was 4 when we did Harmony and just slightly too short.  

We just did other stuff and she hung out in the pools and did the multitudes of other stuff on the ship.