Westerdam Sea+ Land Tour

Fortknox

Hi Everyone

I am looking at Westerdam for the inside passage & then adding the land section for 7 nights to Fairbanks September 2020.

I have a printed copy of the 2019 Alaska Land+Sea Journey Tips for HAL which states for the land section after cruise that you must pack separate bags to travel with as luggage will not be accessible until your final destination?

I rang HAL in Australia today & was advised that luggage accessible every night at your hotel.

Can anyone please clarify, thanks very much.

We returned from our Alaska cruise land tour two weeks ago. You are only allowed to have one suit case per person that will follow you to each land destination hotel. If you have more than one piece per person the second bag will be delivered to your final land hotel. All luggage is picked up at the ship and hotels and sent by truck to your next destination.  It was waiting for us at every hotel when we checked in each night. My wife and I had 3 pieces of luggage so we packed all of our dirty clothes in the one that was sent on to our final Fairbanks hotel. It is nice that that you will never have to handle any of your bags during the land portion of the trip.

12 hours ago, Fortknox said:

Hi Everyone

I am looking at Westerdam for the inside passage & then adding the land section for 7 nights to Fairbanks September 2020.

I have a printed copy of the 2019 Alaska Land+Sea Journey Tips for HAL which states for the land section after cruise that you must pack separate bags to travel with as luggage will not be accessible until your final destination?

I rang HAL in Australia today & was advised that luggage accessible every night at your hotel.

Can anyone please clarify, thanks very much.

Here is a link that will be helpful in cruise-tour planning:

https://www.hollandamerica.com/content/dam/hal/marketing-assets/manage-my-cruise-already-booked/faqs/Tour_Tips.pdf