Sail frm Pt Canaveral/Kennedy SC launches

Slam308

Has anyone ever seen a launch at Kennedy Space Center from the cruise ship? If so, what kind of view do you have? Just thought this might be a fun thing to consider for planning our next cruise.
Not really a planable thing with all the delays that occur almost every launch.

I realize that, just thought if we have a choice of a couple different weeks, why not factor in a possible launch. I know the chances are slim and just wondered if anyone had ever seen one before. Almost a little bonus added to the cruise.

I realize that, just thought if we have a choice of a couple different weeks, why not factor in a possible launch. I know the chances are slim and just wondered if anyone had ever seen one before. Almost a little bonus added to the cruise.
I think It would be great to see.

I've seen a bunch of shuttle launches (and two Apollo launches!!, they were the bomb) and a couple landings ranging from across the river to Orlando Naval Training Center back when I was in Nuke Power School. That ought to give you an idea how far away you can be and still see the launch quite well (depending on weather of course). If you can factor it in, it would be way cool, least I think so, but I'm not even sure they have another launch scheduled for sure yet. One of my boats launched a missile off of P'Can while I was onboard, the video of that was very cool. There are Atlas payload launches and various other launches regularly. Good luck with planning.

Wraithe

We were on a Wonder cruise outta Canveral - was April 19 2001 I think - was Edeavour - anyway, launch time was about 2.30p - we got on promptly, got to the cabin, thankfully on the correct [North] side of the ship, turned on the radio and watched it go - heard it clearly - was really really cool. Launch had been postponed twice already so it was pure serendipity. . . . about 10 miles away - closer than some of the official viewing sites!!

Don't plan for it - they cancel them more often than airlines into LaGuardia on a stormy friday in summer . . .

I checked the Kennedy website and they don't seem to do many launches, at least not that they list. Maybe they only list major launches? I hope we get lucky some time. Can't hurt to hope:D

Here's a link to the Patrick AFB launch info site which covers Cape Canaveral, https://www.patrick.af.mil/launch.htm, as well as having some more info about shuttle launches. It didn't help much, they show an Atlas launch for 20 April. OBTW, looks like we'll be on Mariner for the second half of your B2B! Congrats on CC using your hurry up and go watch the cast off hint as well.

Good luck,

Wraithe

Wraithe,

Please join the Meet and Mingle we have. My DH and I will be hanging at the Sky Bar, I'm sure. Stop by and we'll by you a drink. Although his birthday was Jan 20th, this back to back is what he chose over a big 40th bash. Therefore, we'll be celebrating both weeks!

LOL, just walk around yelling, "Hey Slam...oh, Slam" and we'll find ya!

Wraithe,

One more thing, I'm not sure if it includes PA residents, but there's a special offer for NJ residents that gives $100 rebates per person for the week we're cruising. That's for an E2 balcony. If you have a Promenade room, I believe it's $150 per person. Can't hurt to call, I'm thinking it might be an incentive for Northeast US residents. Call RCCL and ask.

Wraithe,

One more thing, I'm not sure if it includes PA residents, but there's a special offer for NJ residents that gives $100 rebates per person for the week we're cruising. That's for an E2 balcony. If you have a Promenade room, I believe it's $150 per person. Can't hurt to call, I'm thinking it might be an incentive for Northeast US residents. Call RCCL and ask.

Slam,

Two things, I believe that I'm signed up for the Meet and Mingle, but if you could either check or send me a link, I'd really appreciate it. Second, who do I call to check on the above? Just the 800 number on RCCI's website? I really appreciate the help. You can email me direct if you'd like, herb@NOSPAM.mad.scientist.com, just take out the NOSPAM, I put that in to stop the bots from harvesting my email address. Thanks again.

Wraithe (Herb Watson)

Archived