Rudi Sodamin dinner question

willtup5

There is a Rudi Sodamin afficiando dinner available 1 night of our up coming cruise. Can anyone tell me about the experience. I noted that there is several time slots available between 530pm and 930 pm. I was under the impression that it was a 1 time sit down dinner with the chef himself? Any info would be appreciated 

David 

Hello willtup5.  Are you referring to the "Rudi's Sel de Mer" dinner?  Which ship are you on? On ships that don't have a dedicated Sel de Mer restaurant they do a pop-up dinner in the Pinnacle Grill maybe once per 7 days of cruising.  It's very nice and has a different menu from the Pinnacle Grill, but Rudi Sodamin isn't there personally (Unless this is some special event you are referring to).  Sample menus are on the HAL website for the pop-up dinners which are now $49 per person.  I have enjoyed the dinners on the Oosterdam and Noordam.

~Nancy

5 minutes ago, oakridger said:

Hello willtup5.  Are you referring to the "Rudi's Sel de Mer" dinner?  Which ship are you on? On ships that don't have a dedicated Sel de Mer restaurant they do a pop-up dinner in the Pinnacle Grill maybe once per 7 days of cruising.  It's very nice and has a different menu from the Pinnacle Grill, but Rudi Sodamin isn't there personally (Unless this is some special event you are referring to).  Sample menus are on the HAL website for the pop-up dinners which are now $49 per person.  I have enjoyed the dinners on the Oosterdam and Noordam.

~Nancy

It is the sel de mer on koningsdam

OK, so I am guessing this is a special appearance by the chef.  Obviously he's not on the ship all the time! 🙂

Where did you see the advertisement?  I'd like to look at it out of curiosity.  Is wine included?

I'm sure the dinner will be wonderful.

Thanks willtup5, I didn't know this opportunity is available!

~Nancy

It should be at one time slot for all attendees.  I think ours was at 6 pm but I'm going by memory and it's hazy.  We had to book it in advance of the cruise by calling Ship Services.  Unfortunately, there were three couples, including us, who were booked on a Collector cruise and the dinner was on the second segment.  We all got refunded the cost of the dinner at the end of the first segment!  We had to rebook the dinner onboard.  It was fortunate there was still available space.  So watch out for that should you be on a Collector Cruise.