Tenerife or Las Palmas

1 hour ago, verynervous said:

I am looking at Colourful Coasts and have the choice of two airports from Manchester.

Any advice on the easiest port to use would be appreciated.

Hi. We have only ever used Santa Cruze airport in Tenerife and there was no problems at all there, they seemed quite organised. Also the port/ boarding the ship was quick and easy. I can’t answer about La Palma as we havent cruised from there but I am sure other posters on here will give you their input.

As the cruise calls at both islands it can depend on what you want to do on each. If you want to take an excursion to mount Teide on Tenerife fly into Gran Canaria. If you want a relaxing day on a beach fly into Tenerife and take a stroll to the 1.75 mile long city beach on Grand Canary, The port at Grand Canary is easier to get out of, bit of a pain at Tenerife but there is a shuttle.

Distance to airport Tenerife 35 miles, Gran Canary 15 miles

We have done this cruise many times and the majority of them were from Santa Cruz Tenerife and one we did from Las Palmas, on the cruise from Santa Cruz we always had a sail away party as it was Day 1 of the cruise, when we joined the cruise from Las Palmas there was no sail away party on the day we joined but it was on the night before we left. It's all personal preference but we like to join the ship on the first day of the cruise.