New to Princess and having trouble choosing between Mini's and Club Class Mini's

Luckybee

Thanks everyone for all your help (and getting us to spend more....lol) Having read this thread and a few others dh and I changed our original plans and booked one of the aft penthouses for the sky princess cruise R731. 

I've accepted that we might get a bit of soot (praying not too much), and will lose some privacy, but if I've reviewed as carefully as I think I have I'm also thinking that we pretty much have our own private sundeck(we both enjoy lying in the sun and tanning), removing the need to hang by pool, or in the sanctuary. We also looked at the D deck but it seemed that with the trade-off on more privacy there would be alot less sunning to be had as well. Am I right in my assessment ?

10 hours ago, Luckybee said:

Thanks everyone for all your help (and getting us to spend more....lol) Having read this thread and a few others dh and I changed our original plans and booked one of the aft penthouses for the sky princess cruise R731. 

I've accepted that we might get a bit of soot (praying not too much), and will lose some privacy, but if I've reviewed as carefully as I think I have I'm also thinking that we pretty much have our own private sundeck(we both enjoy lying in the sun and tanning), removing the need to hang by pool, or in the sanctuary. We also looked at the D deck but it seemed that with the trade-off on more privacy there would be alot less sunning to be had as well. Am I right in my assessment ?

Aft suites are always our first choice. We are in one next week. Enjoy 

On 9/5/2019 at 10:15 PM, Colo Cruiser said:

There are a large number of posters that actually thought they get suite perks with this cabin and are very surprised when someone answers their comment/question with info to the contrary.

That in itself is a red flag as far as I am concerned and tells me that those posters haven't got a clue of what a mini suite actually is.

I have always said that these cabins should not be called suites in any way shape or form. 

It is very misleading.

Nope, I don’t think it’s misleading, perhaps the name ‘mini suite’ gives lofty expectations but it’s all written out in the explanation of the mini suites and club class minis.  You read the description, see what is or isn’t offered and make your decision based on that.  

Easy peasy.  

Just now, suspaul said:

Nope, I don’t think it’s misleading, perhaps the name ‘mini suite’ gives lofty expectations but it’s all written out in the explanation of the mini suites and club class minis.  You read the description, see what is or isn’t offered and make your decision based on that.  

Easy peasy.  

Like I said many that post here on CC about the mini come looking for a list of suite benefits.

It happens all the time. It is the same with many aspects of the Princess experience. Instead of going to the Princess website for the rundown/explanation on anything they come here looking for the CC take on it.