Within walking distance of port?

amberjohn

Port Zante is about a 10 min stroll to the busy part of Basseterre called the Circus. Port Zante has many shops, a few places to get something to eat and/or a drink. There will be many tour operators offering their services to see the sight on St Kitts. 

The Port Zante area (which is the port,pier and associated areas) are all paved and easily traversed by electric scooters, wheelchairs and anyone with mobility issues. I have seen the electric vehicles like that are used at airport terminals moving people around. You probably will be able to catch one of those as you leave the ship for the short trip to the actual Port Zante are withe the shops etc. The island is working on improving the mobility issues that they do have.

I was there last Dec., with an individual who has mobility issue's she was on a scooter, other than going a bit to far and wearing out the battery she didn't have any problems getting around Port Zante. We went all the way over to Palm Court Gardens and she was on her scooter, yep!! Battery ran out on the way back, I flagged down a taxi loaded the scooter and her in the back I sat up front, they took us right up to the port, no worries.

Hope this helps Todd

Btw the bars around the port are not cheap yep they're nice bars, but bar tabs on St. Kitts can be a train wreck, every time.🥴

We were there in February 2018, and managed a stroll around Basseterre - the limited highlights were the Berkeley Memorial Clock at the Circus, Independence Square (a little run down) and the Cathedral.  Then we went off to Frigate bay (which was gorgeous).  And at the top of the road on the way over, my better half was persuaded to take a photo opportunity with some guy's pet monkey - I'm still worried about the disease potential😉

Photos attached

lGzb1t.jpg

DQd3x5.jpg

BsjITW.jpg

fSlvqu.jpg

4t0IuJ.jpg

Edited by cruiseathon

On 9/29/2019 at 12:46 PM, rstackjd said:

Following - we will be in St. Kitts for the first time in November off the Magic.   Trying to decide whether to do a shore ex or just wing it.   

Taxi service is easy to arrange.  To the right side as you exit the ship.  Easy and cheap.

• 3 weeks later...