Service Charge Decrease

imahistorygeek

I'm new to NCL. My only cruising experience is DCL, so I'm not sure what's going on with the NCL service charges when the amount has changed.  I tried do a search for this, but I'm not sure I'm using the correct terminology. 

I pre-paid the service charge for a 4-night on the Sun in November for 3 people.  The total I was charged and what was showing up on my summary was $246.  This is the charge also posted to my credit card. 

I checked again yesterday and the service charge (which states I already pre-paid) is now $180. 

Should I receive a refund from NCL for the $66 or is the price really supposed to be $246 and the issue is with their system? 

Thanks for your help. 

You should call and ask about the refund. They might give OBC instead for the difference as well?

The service charge used to be higher when it was free drinks for everyone because it included the bartenders in that rate. Now that the Sky and Sun aren’t all inclusive anymore the DSC rate has dropped to match the rates for the rest of the fleet. 

• Like 2

If your referring to your daily service charges or Tips/ gratuity then it should not be $246

standard rooms are $15/ per person per day = $180

suites rooms are $18 / per person per day = $216

or are you referring to service / gratuity fees on perks of so what perks did you take bit even then that should not = $246 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rsavtechcruise said:

If your referring to your daily service charges or Tips/ gratuity then it should not be $246

or are you referring to service / gratuity fees on perks of so what perks did you take bit even then that should not = $246 

Maybe it's on the perks.  The perks I received were dining credit, adult beverage pkg, shore excursions, and internet. I booked early July for a Thanksgiving week (of this year) cruise. All the promos are still listed in my reservation. 

10 minutes ago, Rsavtechcruise said:

The DSC used to be more on Sun &Sky because bartenders were included in that rate.

Something similar happened to me - however it showed up as a negative credit that I had to pay.. lol... Basically my prepaid service charges dropped by $110. The website said I must PAY -$110... I called them - and they say they have refunded my card that amount - but I have yet to see the refund. 

Now it says I owe the $46 because they undercharged me for travel insurance?... Not sure how or why that happened. I payed everything on time and thought I was all set. 

I'm sure it will work out - but it's really not instilling a lot of confidence in NCL for me. Alternatively  when I call - everyone is friendly and tries their best to be helpful!

What I left out and what I should have said before was that I booked my cruise through Expedia.  I normally us a TA for DCL, but thought I can surely do this via Expedia and be ok. Let's just say I won't do that again.  $200 OBC by Expedia isn't worth it. 

I called Expedia today and explained the situation.  The person I spoke with looked at my record in NCL and it showed that I had paid the correct amount of gratuities for the cruise.  I paid the regular service charge and the additional charges for the free at sea promotions. She made me believe the reason for the different price on NCL was that I did it directly through NCL instead of paying through Expedia. My Expedia account was updated to reflect the service charge and she assured that I had paid everything in full.  

Neither NCL nor Expedia could give me the exact reason that NCL was showing only $180 for service fees.