Oosterdam VA cabins 5th floor

Nymich

Looking at a cabin in the 5063/5065 and 5067 area.  I know the lifeboats are right under but anyone who stayed there I would like to hear some

opinions.  What did you like about it and what did you not like about it location etc......The rate is very good compared to other areas and would

allow us to use cash for other things excursions etc......Info on halfacts was limited.  Thanks!

Edited by Nymich

I was on the Eurodam in cabin 5106, similar to the cabins you are asking about.  This is what I liked and disliked about this cabin.

Pros

-location was great

-cabin was comfortable

Cons

-life boats being directly below were only an issue if you want to look directly down to watch the water

-verandah is a bit smaller but it was ok

-we had 6 cabins together in this location and wanted the balcony dividers open, but due to the smaller verandah they couldn’t lay flush which caused them to bang when sailing, even in the middle of the night.  We now book the aft area of the ship and are happy with that area.

We still enjoyed our cabins in that location on the Eurodam,  but just prefer not to have the lifeboats directly below us......

My husband and I always get either 5101 or 5103 on this style of ship. We sailed on the Oosterdam to New Zealand a few years ago and loved it. We just got off the Zuiderdam for a cruise in those cabins as well. Yes the lifeboats are right below you but you can not beat the location of those cabins for easy access to the lower decks. We find them quiet and the balcony was more than we needed for size for the two of us. 

Our first balcony cabin was on Oosterdam deck 5 right above the life boats.  At the time, we were thrilled to have that balcony and were not even aware that it was smaller than other V cabins.  If you have a tender port, you will probably get an early wake-up from the noise.  Otherwise, as others said, the only issue is the smaller size and not being able to look straight down to the water.