Car Rental Shuttle From MIA to POM?

hp_slash

I'm flying into FLL the day before my cruise out of Miami, and renting a car to get me down to Miami.  I know that many car rental offices in Miami Airport have a free shuttle from Port of Miami to the airport, but do they go the other way, too?  Can I return a rental car at Miami Airport and take the rental company's free shuttle to the Port of Miami?

Yes, but only a few have shuttles:

Port of Miami Rental Car Drop Off locations with shuttles closest to the Port and Airport companies with shuttles:

• Downtown Miami – Hertz, Budget, Avis/Payless
  • Miami International Airport Rental Car Center – National, Dollar, Thrifty

You may see other rental car offices and companies near PortMiami or at the airport but those DO NOT provide shuttle services. If you book a car rental with any other company you have to arrange your own Port transfer.

Thank you for the quick info! I once booked the same car rental trip with Budget at the downtown location, they assured me on the phone they had a free shuttle to the port, and when I got there to drop off my rental they had no shuttle. This may have changed since then but I'm always wary of the downtown locations now.

22 minutes ago, hp_slash said:

Thank you for the quick info! I once booked the same car rental trip with Budget at the downtown location, they assured me on the phone they had a free shuttle to the port, and when I got there to drop off my rental they had no shuttle. This may have changed since then but I'm always wary of the downtown locations now.

For Downtown you MUST book the correct destination/Drop Off

• AVIS – Book Port Of Miami Shuttle For Cruise Ships, Q8M
  • Hertz – Book Miami – Port of Miami, 229 Southeast 2nd Street
  • Budget – Book Port Miami Cruiseship Shuttle (P2F)

All of this are clearly descibed here - Car Rental Drop Off at PortMiami

Alamo, National, Enterprise, Dollar, and Thifty provide free shuttle service from the Miami International Airport Rental Car Center to the Port Of Miami. At the conclusion of your cruise they also provide the free shuttle service in the opposite direction. Hertz, Avis, and Budget have downtown Miami locations that are relatively close to the Port Of Miami. I personally rent from the Rental Car Center because it open twenty four hours a day, there is plenty of rental car inventory, and has plenty of employees to handle your transaction even during the most busiest of times. The downtown Miami locations are smaller and tend to get very busy on turnaround days.