Newbie with a couple of questions

nuno6

I am going to be sailing on the Rhapsody of the Seas in February, and I have couple questions that I would be grateful to have answered.

1. I read on the review of the ship about an alcohol card coting $44.85 for 12 drinks, on the RCI website I could not find any info about this, is this true?

2. I would like to take the PADI scuba course on the ship and the two open water dives, any info on doing this?

3. Probably a stupid question but is there any way to get a better cabin without paying anymore?

Any information would be appreciated and other tips are welcomed as well. Thanks

I am going to be sailing on the Rhapsody of the Seas in February, and I have couple questions that I would be grateful to have answered.

1. I read on the review of the ship about an alcohol card coting $44.85 for 12 drinks, on the RCI website I could not find any info about this, is this true?

2. I would like to take the PADI scuba course on the ship and the two open water dives, any info on doing this?

3. Probably a stupid question but is there any way to get a better cabin without paying anymore?

Any information would be appreciated and other tips are welcomed as well. Thanks

I just got off the rhapsody and saw nothing in the daily cruise compass about an alcohol card or a PADI course.

as for number 3, prayer

Book guarantee for the cabin type you will be happy with and like the above poster said, pray. I always book guarantee and have been upgraded twice before. It's always exciting to see where you end up. I have had what some consider the worst rooms (bottom, forward) and it was wonderful as we really don't care where we end up as long as we are on the ship.

I can tell you there is a drink card but don't remember the price. I do remember that if you are buying mixed drinks, it will save you $$$, but if you are buying beer, you're better off getting the "Buckets" (I think that's 4 beers for the price of 3)

As for the "PADI scuba course"..... Don't do it. You may not have time now, but you do much better taking an actual scuba certification class at your local dive shop. Then go on a cruise and EEENNNJJJOOOYYY!!! The Ship Course is "partial certified" and you spend a LOT of your cruise time in classes and pool. It interupts your cruise and is demanding on your schedule.

Since this is your first cruise and I don't know anything about your likes and dislikes, I would advise blindly to get a cabin at least near the middle of ship. Sixth or seventh deck / midships. If it costs a little extra, believe me, it's worth it. If you are already spending 2 or 3 thousand $$$$, what's another 1 or 2 hundred to make it special.

Hope this Helps.

It's my understanding that they've done away with the drink cards....

I totally agree with Dhaden about the PADI certification. I got mine at a local shop several years ago and it is really time consuming. I can't imagine losing that much of your cruise to sitting in a classroom. If you have time to get the certification before you go, that would be ideal. Then you can dive on your trip without having to spend time in a class.

The guarantee category is an option (they don't always offer them though), but you need to make sure that you are ok with any room in the category you book the guarantee. I personally would rather pay a little more and get exactly the room I want.

Archived