Traffic before Thanksgiving in Orlando

nalrudaini

Hello.

I'm looking at a cruise from Cape Liberty that will stop in Cape Canaveral on the Tuesday before thanksgiving (Nov. 26).  How is traffic to and from Orlando on that day if I plan on driving from the port at around 9am and leave Orlando around 2pm?

TIA 😊

3 hours ago, nalrudaini said:

Hello.

I'm looking at a cruise from Cape Liberty that will stop in Cape Canaveral on the Tuesday before thanksgiving (Nov. 26).  How is traffic to and from Orlando on that day if I plan on driving from the port at around 9am and leave Orlando around 2pm?

TIA 😊

Using Google Maps, you can input specific routes and future dates to get an idea of typical traffic.  It's quite accurate and based on years of data.  Check the route you are looking at for the specific date and time, both ways. 

I put in the route and it looks like typical low traffic. Which seems accurate to me. I wouldn't expect a ton of traffic on that specific route on a Tuesday even with Thanksgiving coming up.  It'll be totally fine. Go for it. 

Edited by BNBR

10 hours ago, BNBR said:

Using Google Maps, you can input specific routes and future dates to get an idea of typical traffic.  It's quite accurate and based on years of data.  Check the route you are looking at for the specific date and time, both ways. 

I put in the route and it looks like typical low traffic. Which seems accurate to me. I wouldn't expect a ton of traffic on that specific route on a Tuesday even with Thanksgiving coming up.  It'll be totally fine. Go for it. 

This is awesome.  Didn't know this feature existed.  Thanks a bunch for the tip 😊

It shouldn't be too bad to get to the Florida Mall; it's right off the Beachline (SR-528). And at the time you'll be traveling, there should be no significant rush hour or school-related traffic.

The Mall at Millenia is another story. The traffic in that area in not great, and although you could get there without hitting I-4, it'd be more complicated. Also, that section of I-4 is under construction.