Empress of the Seas

Although I have been fortunate to have been on a few dozen cruises, I haven't sailed with RCI since the days of the Nordic Prince and the company was still RCCL. That will be changing next week when my hubby and I board the EMPRESS OF THE SEAS for the non Cuba cruise. Cruising has changed so much in the last few years so I have a few RCI/Empress questions that I know y'all can answer, especially concerning the staterooms. We are in an interior.

What amenities are in the bathroom? Bar of soap? Do they have 'real' bottles of shampoo and conditioner or the dispenser that's in the shower and has the shampoo/conditioner all in one? Is there hand lotion? Is there a safe in the room? How about a refrigerator? Can you get fresh ice everyday? Can I get a bathrobe?

We can just wing most everything but for some reasons these seem to be my most 'pressing' questions. Looking forward to check out RCI once again and to be on the high seas. 

Thank you for you responses, I can always count on cruise critic!

5 minutes ago, CatsareCool said:

Although I have been fortunate to have been on a few dozen cruises, I haven't sailed with RCI since the days of the Nordic Prince and the company was still RCCL. That will be changing next week when my hubby and I board the EMPRESS OF THE SEAS for the non Cuba cruise. Cruising has changed so much in the last few years so I have a few RCI/Empress questions that I know y'all can answer, especially concerning the staterooms. We are in an interior.

What amenities are in the bathroom? Bar of soap? Do they have 'real' bottles of shampoo and conditioner or the dispenser that's in the shower and has the shampoo/conditioner all in one? Is there hand lotion? Is there a safe in the room? How about a refrigerator? Can you get fresh ice everyday? Can I get a bathrobe?

We can just wing most everything but for some reasons these seem to be my most 'pressing' questions. Looking forward to check out RCI once again and to be on the high seas. 

Thank you for you responses, I can always count on cruise critic!

Bathroom:  Two little flat bars of soap.  Shampoo/Body wash goo in a dispenser in the shower.

Safe in cabin.

No refrigerator.

You can have fresh ice twice a day, upon request.

You can ask for a bathrobe.  You may or may not get it.

Your cabin will be vewwy vewwy vewwy small.  You will need to go out into the hall to change your mind.  😄 

Empress was ordered by Admiral Cruises and they were acquired by Royal while Empress was being built.  Royal managed to get two signature features added before delivery - a Viking Crown Lounge and a Windjammer.  The rest of the ship is different from any other Royal ship.  

Personally I like Empress and her biggest heart for a small ship.  Cabins are small because Admiral planned to use her in the Bahamas only doing 3 and 4 night sailings so they figured people didn't need big cabins.  That's how it was in that generation.

Here are some trip reports to give you an idea what she has:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2681739-empress-b2b-14-nights-on-the-biggest-little-ship/

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2686747-empress-8-night-eastern-caribbean-🎵-oops-i-booked-it-again-🎵/

I'm back on her in November and looking forward to it.  

Enjoy your cruise.

If I put my feet heal to toe, one of my feet sticks out of the shower. Bring large towel type clips to hold shower curtain out into the bathroom. Yes your floor will get wet. Your choice, a wet floor or a butt clinging curtain. The water will drain back.