Sauna On QM2 Coed Or Separate?

rienreiter

Am curious to find out if sauna/steamroom on QM2 are separate for men and women or if they are coed. Can someone who has previously sailed on QM2 advise?

Also, I think I remember reading that there is a usage fee for the sauna whereas most other ships do not charge for the use of the sauna. Is this true? If so, what is that fee?

Thanks to all,

I've never been, but I do know it's part of Canyon Ranch, and that you pay extra for the spa. (Whirlpools, by the pools, are complimentary, except the one in Canyon Ranch.)

Here's the link to Canyon Ranch http://www.canyonranch.com/spaclubs/queenmary2/index.asp

You can download the menu and the descriptions of services. You can make advance reservations more than 21 days before your cruise.

"The Spa Club Passport includes use of Fitness Centre, locker rooms, and your choice of daily fitness classes Also, use of Aqua Therapy Centre, including whirlpool, aqua therapy pool, reflexology basin, sensory showers, Finnish sauna, aromatic steam room, herbal sauna and ice fountain is included. BAthing suit required."

1 day is $29, 3 consecutive days is $49, 5 consecutive days is $79.

If you get any treatments at Canyon Rach, the Spa Club Passport is included.

Am curious to find out if sauna/steamroom on QM2 are separate for men and women or if they are coed. Can someone who has previously sailed on QM2 advise?

Also, I think I remember reading that there is a usage fee for the sauna whereas most other ships do not charge for the use of the sauna. Is this true? If so, what is that fee?

Thanks to all,

All the facilities, except the locker rooms, are co-ed in the spa

Tracy

Unlike most of europe............. you also are required to wear swimming costumes in the sauna!!!!

This was ignored by many of the Euro. patrons during our last crossing.:eek:

After spending time in Austria and Switzerland we were used to it & must say we didn't really care ........ to each their own!!!

If the sauna, etc are coed, I wonder if that would be a bit uncomfortable for women traveling on thier own.

I admit, I think it would be nice to have some kind of private saunas for individuals, something like that. Otherwise, I would not want to go to the sauna, unless accompanied by friends.

If the sauna, etc are coed, I wonder if that would be a bit uncomfortable for women traveling on thier own.

I admit, I think it would be nice to have some kind of private saunas for individuals, something like that. Otherwise, I would not want to go to the sauna, unless accompanied by friends.

Although I wasn't traveling alone, I went into the spa alone almost every day. I didn't feel uncomfortable at all about it (and I am sensitive to such things) Actually I felt MORE uncomfortable in the jacuzzi's through the rest of the ship (a little more self-concious and there was more of a "party" atmosphere.....not too bad, but a little more than suits my taste). I think it was the atmosphere of the spa. Just about everyone was there to relax.

Archived