Visas for Vietnam and Cambodia

rukumani

On 10/11/2019 at 9:08 AM, rukumani said:

For a family of 4 on a cruise, getting visas for Cambodia and Vietnam on our own will be cheaper than getting it upon embarkation board,   Is anyone doing that?  If so please advise

We sailed on Princess this spring and we were charged $56 a person for a Vietnam visa through the ship.  There was quite some discussion on our roll call about Vietnam visa's.  I believe if you are only entering Vietnam via the ship port of calls, than getting the visa on the ship was the best option.  There is some information of $5 visas online that is incorrect information.  I believe the one person who did get a visa on their own paid more than $56 per person and had to travel to get the visa, but the visa was for a longer period,  however if you are just visiting on ports of call in Vietnam, you don't need the extended visa period.

We did not visit Cambodia on this trip.

I did the Majestic a couple years ago, SIN to Shanghai. We stopped in Phu My for Ho Chi Min City/Saigon. I was reading posts regarding Vietnam visa on other boards. Seems Celebrity cruises somehow has access to the $5 cruise ship visas but Princess does not as we were charge $56. I am booked on the Sapphire next Feb and will have stops in Vietnam and Cambodia. I think I can get the Cambodia visa at consulate in Long Beach, Ca. It will require some time and effort, but I am retired and can take public transport from my home in Los Angeles. It might save me about $20. I know some people would feel it is not worth thier time and effort to save $20.

I am looking into Vietnam visa online as it seems certain ports of entry qualify, Phy My did not but I think Da Nang does. Will report what I find out.

Are you on one of the Sapphire sailings to Asia?