Ft lauderdale hotels in march

mommao729

We are driving to ft lauderdale March 27 going to leave the car at the airport. And fly at 5am on the 28 to San Juan.Trying to find a hotel close to the airport. 

Have been looking and everything is so expensive. Is there something going on that weekend? Don’t want to spend too much since technically we only have a few hours before we have to leave for the airport. We are used to staying at embassy suites. Have stayed at Hilton garden inn. I can’t justify paying over $300 for the embassy and $240 for Hilton garden inn. 

also since we have a 5 am flight, what time should we leave for the airport?

any help & suggestions would be appreciated. 

March is high season and usually the most expensive month of the year.  The hotels charge what the public is willing to pay.  Have you looked at hotels near the airport instead of 17th Street?  Sometimes they can be cheaper. Www.sunny.org is a good place to start your research.  Regarding the airport, are you carrying luggage to check and do you have TSA pre-check to speed you thru security?

I'd go to Hotwire and just book the cheapest airport hotel for that night.  There are a bunch of hotels that night in the $100 range.

I'd leave the hotel by 3AM for a 5AM flight.

Last time we left our car at FLL airport, it took 15 minutes just to find a parking spot.