Norwegian Bliss Cruise Director

kattlinx13

I will be going on the Norwegian Bliss in a few weeks out of NYC. Currently the ship is doing cruises out of Los Angeles in oct & nov. does anyone know who the current cruise director is? Wondering if it will be the same for the NYC cruises. Thanks. :-) 

I'll know who it is in 2 weeks.  What I do know (because I asked) is that the CD recently changed as the previous one was moving to the new ship, the Encore, so it'll probably be the same CD.

Here's the thread, it wasn't mentioned who replaced Silas.  I don't suggest posting there, just keep the discussion here.  

just curious-going on my first cruise in December.  How important is the cruise director?  I mean, does it make a lot of difference who the director is, and do you recognize a difference?  

I would have thought everything is set, and they are just monitoring...but I could be wrong.  Please enlighten me!  🙂

1 hour ago, nyc2pdx said:

I would have thought everything is set

One would think.

I sailed on RCI's Anthem of the Seas last year, chatted a lot with someone that had sailed that ship before but with a different CD.  He kept on commenting on how different some things were - under-utilization of some spaces was the primary item.

I think some of it also has to do with how they interact with the passengers, both during events and just moving around the ship.

IMHO, I think CD's have less of an influence on the overall cruise experience than in years past. 

Nowadays, I mostly see them only playing host to the nightly game shows. That's it. Maybe I just don't go out much? 😉 Or perhaps it's because there's just so much going on on the mega ships that it just depends on what venue you're in. 

Anyway, just got off the Bliss 2 weeks ago and the CD was Jake. 

2 hours ago, nyc2pdx said:

just curious-going on my first cruise in December.  How important is the cruise director?  I mean, does it make a lot of difference who the director is, and do you recognize a difference?  

I would have thought everything is set, and they are just monitoring...but I could be wrong.  Please enlighten me!  🙂

I definitely don't book a cruise based on cruise director but have seen differences, for better or worse, and there are those I'm happy to see again. Does it make or break my cruise? certainly not, but it can make for a more fun time. A lot of people cruise often with the same cruise line so get to know a lot of them & like to know if there's a chance they'll get to see them again. You'll find yourself noticing things when you go as far as activities, parties, etc. They can really set the tone too for their crew. But you'll have a great time anyway so just go & have fun!! Happy cruising

When we sailed the gem about 4 yrs ago we had an amazing cruise director. He was constantly interacting with all the guests. Cracking jokes on the intercom system when they made the daily reports... even performed in the shows. 

Last year we were on the escape and hardly heard a peep from that cruise director. Yeah I don’t book a cruise to who is the current cruise director. Was just curious. :)

On 10/13/2019 at 9:39 PM, kattlinx13 said:

I will be going on the Norwegian Bliss in a few weeks out of NYC. Currently the ship is doing cruises out of Los Angeles in oct & nov. does anyone know who the current cruise director is? Wondering if it will be the same for the NYC cruises. Thanks. 🙂 

Just got off a 6 day repositioning and only saw him introducing shows and could not tell you his name!