Email about check in times

kittycatmom

Are they very strict about the check in time for your deck? My plane arrives around 11 a.m. and we usually go straight to the port and are on board before 1 p.m.  The email says our deck boards at 2:30.  If they are strict we are going to have to eat lunch before boarding.  I always enjoy eating on the lido  and people watching.

16 hours ago, kittycatmom said:

Thank you.  I'm glad they are not enforcing it.

They have not been enforcing it, but that does not mean that they will not enforce it.  

You don't mention which ship (you don't even mention which port!), but if it is a ship that is arriving back to Port Everglades after a summer season in Europe, then there may be a delay while USCG carry out inspections etc.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest debbiejohncruise
On 10/29/2019 at 12:39 PM, VMax1700 said:

They have not been enforcing it, but that does not mean that they will not enforce it.  

You don't mention which ship (you don't even mention which port!), but if it is a ship that is arriving back to Port Everglades after a summer season in Europe, then there may be a delay while USCG carry out inspections etc.

We received an email about different decks boarding at specific times and ours isn't one arriving back after a summer season in Europe.  We also received an email about arriving at 2:30 pm so we will stay at our hotel till 2 pm and then get a cab.  Would prefer hanging out at the hotel vs the embarkation lounge.  Lunch is lunch.  I  don't know why people get upset that they are not on board in time for lunch.  There is food service in the Lido after that time.  I just miss all the other things that happen on board when we board later.  Deb 

The cruise lines in general have been sending out these sort of emails for years to help avoid the "crush" of people that starts around noon.

Speaking for myself I always show up at 10:45 - 11:00 AM and breeze on board.  I've never seen the "boarding this deck at this time" emails enforced ever.  I think they just send those emails out so hopefully some people will show up later.   In general between 12 - 2 the lines to get on will be long and zany.  I advise everyone I know to show up an hour earlier if you want to be one of the first on board.

Edited by bamelin
  • Like 1