PLEASE HELP ME WITH THE BREAKAWAY

funji1

Funny story about Port Canaveral when I sailed on the Epic in Feb 2018.  We got there early and they weren't letting people check in yet.  In fact, they hadn't opened the doors yet.  The platform was up a level so you had to take stairs or the escalator and the platform can only hold about 75 people I'm guessing.  When we got to the bottom I noticed some people at the top waiving us away from the escalator because the top was packed and no more people could fit.  So we ended up using the stairs and stopping about half way up to wait in line.  As we watched, more people started to arrive and didn't get the notice to not use the escalator.  Well as you can imagine, you cannot just stop and stand on an escalator so the people made it all the way to the top.  And with no where to go for either them or the people up there, I got to witness an epic game of human bowling.  People from the escalator crashed into the people standing at the top causing a chain reaction of those people plowing into the people in front of them.  It wasn't that funny at the time but looking back and thinking about it, I laugh every time. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by RedwingHockeyFan
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lionkingrichard said:

Boarding time?

Looked at my Docs on Breakaway leaving Port Canaveral in Feb. and it says boarding starts at 12 and not to arrive more then 1 hour before.

I guess that means 4,000 people will be showing up at 11?

People begin arriving as early as 10 AM...  some even earlier...