Question about going to Disney Spring post cruise

squaremimi

We will be off the cruise ship on Dec 08, but the flight will be @ 9pm.  Just saw a video showing the Christmas decorations are up at the Disney Spring already, so I am planning to rent a car and go there.  Does anyone know how the traffic will be like at this time of the year?  Since my DH assumes there will always be crazy traffic coz it's around the Disney resort area, so he doesn't want to go.  But I really want to go see the beautiful Christmas Decor there.  Any advice or suggestion will be very much appreciated!  Thanks!

From PC to Disney Springs? It shouldn’t be particularly different than usual.

The garages at DS may be a bit busy. You could always pay to park at the Hilton LBV or one of the other hotels and walk across the sky bridges to DS.

DS was very busy last Saturday night. An ADR for table service is critical, and many counter service restaurants had very long lines.

3 minutes ago, FOPMan said:

From PC to Disney Springs? It shouldn’t be particularly different than usual.

The garages at DS may be a bit busy. You could always pay to park at the Hilton LBV or one of the other hotels and walk across the sky bridges to DS.

DS was very busy last Saturday night. An ADR for table service is critical, and many counter service restaurants had very long lines.

Thanks!  Good to know there are pay parkings.

There are so many parking spaces at Disney Springs there is no need to pay anywhere.  Yes it’ll be busy but not really more than anywhere else Disney.  Drive from the port should be ~80 minutes depending on traffic but it’s an easy drive down 528 and I-4 but just note there will be a handful of tolls on 528 but you can pay cash if you want.

8 hours ago, iahawkfan21 said:

There are so many parking spaces at Disney Springs there is no need to pay anywhere.  Yes it’ll be busy but not really more than anywhere else Disney.  Drive from the port should be ~80 minutes depending on traffic but it’s an easy drive down 528 and I-4 but just note there will be a handful of tolls on 528 but you can pay cash if you want.

Thank you very much.  Then I will definitely prepare some cash.  Since this is the first time we are in Orlando, so knowing that it will be a 80 mins drive can help us arrange our time.  Do you think traffic will be good in the morning around 9am on a Sunday?  Thanks!

Sunday won't be a problem ordinarily (but one accident on 528 can REALLY screw things up)

consider taking 417 once you get near the airport ... this way you avoid I-4 which is where the most mess is when there is a mess. The toll charge will be a lil more but not much

a roll of quarters will get you there and allow you to use exact change lanes rather than attended lanes.  Attended lanes can get backed up (folks asking directions; want to use a credit card, write a check, nothing smaller than a $100 . .  .) If you'eve never driven this area, watch the signs for the toll plazas .... cash option lanes look like an exit and are easy to miss!

toll 1.jpg

toll 2.jpg

Edited by Capt_BJ

21 minutes ago, Capt_BJ said:

Sunday won't be a problem ordinarily (but one accident on 528 can REALLY screw things up)

consider taking 417 once you get near the airport ... this way you avoid I-4 which is where the most mess is when there is a mess. The toll charge will be a lil more but not much

a roll of quarters will get you there and allow you to use exact change lanes rather than attended lanes.  Attended lanes can get backed up (folks asking directions; want to use a credit card, write a check, nothing smaller than a $100 . .  .) If you'eve never driven this area, watch the signs for the toll plazas .... cash option lanes look like an exit and are easy to miss!

toll 1.jpg

toll 2.jpg

Thank you so much for your info!  It really helps. 😘

This will be a very easy ride on a Sunday morning.  Obviously the later it gets the more traffic there will be, but it is really rarely an issue on a Sunday morning. The best way will be 528 (tolls) to I4. 528 ends at I4 and you either must go right towards orlando or left to Tampa/Disney.  Go left. Disney springs exit is second exit you will come across and follow road signs for short ride. There is plenty of free parking at that time- a surface lot and three large garages. I like the orange garage personally. Second level (on orange and green...not sure about the new grapefruit lot) is the level that gets you to the entrance to Disney Springs.  I am not sure what time everything opens.  I’m thinking 11am, but you should check.  My family always loves going there when they come to visit, and Christmas Tree Trail is nice.

C963E264-61AB-4ABD-AFC3-A9B6C80F8B7C.jpeg

Edited by parrothead0918

5 hours ago, parrothead0918 said:

This will be a very easy ride on a Sunday morning.  Obviously the later it gets the more traffic there will be, but it is really rarely an issue on a Sunday morning. The best way will be 528 (tolls) to I4. 528 ends at I4 and you either must go right towards orlando or left to Tampa/Disney.  Go left. Disney springs exit is second exit you will come across and follow road signs for short ride. There is plenty of free parking at that time- a surface lot and three large garages. I like the orange garage personally. Second level (on orange and green...not sure about the new grapefruit lot) is the level that gets you to the entrance to Disney Springs.  I am not sure what time everything opens.  I’m thinking 11am, but you should check.  My family always loves going there when they come to visit, and Christmas Tree Trail is nice.

C963E264-61AB-4ABD-AFC3-A9B6C80F8B7C.jpeg

Thanks a lot!  I will screensave your instruction.  I am looking forward to going there!  By the way, do you know how long to drive from the Disney Spring to the Airport?  Just want to have some idea, so we can arrange the time to fill up the gas and return the car.  Thanks in advance!

It is approximately 25 miles.  The time will depend on traffic and accidents.  You will drive right by the airport on 528 on your way to Disney Springs.  What the locals do is keep an eye on the route times and recommendations on GoogleMaps to take the best/fastest route. Estimate 35=45 minutes, but make sure to check Google Maps toward the end of your day for timing, and again as you leave for the best route.

13 hours ago, parrothead0918 said:

It is approximately 25 miles.  The time will depend on traffic and accidents.  You will drive right by the airport on 528 on your way to Disney Springs.  What the locals do is keep an eye on the route times and recommendations on GoogleMaps to take the best/fastest route. Estimate 35=45 minutes, but make sure to check Google Maps toward the end of your day for timing, and again as you leave for the best route.

Ok, will do.  Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...

I just want to say thanks again to everyone who had answered my questions earlier.  I am back now and we had a fantastic time in the Disney Spring.  Everything went very smoothly.  Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you all. 😘

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...