Christmas cruise (solo traveller)

Meka3256

I'm considering at some point doing a Christmas cruise.  This is specifically to avoid Christmas with extended family.

For those who have done it, what's it like?  Does it feel Christmassy?  What are the demographics onboard?  Is it families, or older couples?  Presumably that will also depend on ship and length of cruise?

I'm a confident solo traveller, preferring to travel alone.  Not easily bored or lonely, but I do appreciate companions at dinner.  Are there any other solo travellers who've done it at Christmas?  Anything particularly different to travelling solo at other times of the year?

I did a solo Christmas cruise on Ventura a couple of years back and I'm considering another one next year.  Being 'family friendly' there were lots of kids but, amazingly, they were no trouble.  They (the kids club) put on a nativity(!) in the theatre on Christmas Day.  Wonderful. On Christmas Day which is a formal nght, they'll plonk you on a table with other solo cruisers.  I'd recommend you take the plunge.  Some pics here http://www.mickberry.co.uk/ventura.htm

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1