Century CC Cabin 1025 - veranda??

Bholling

Hi guys-

Just booked cabin 1025 for Century 1/8/05 sailing, and I've seen conflicting info on whether this cabin is a regular outside or has a verandah. Truthfully, for the price we paid, either would be great, but just curious.

Location, one deck below pool seems ideal, but any cautions regarding noise, etc??

Also, rebranding and concierge class are new since our last trip on Century (4/03). Can anyone give us some updates on what to expect?

THANKS!!!!!!!!

I don't believe that any of the CC cabins on the Century have verandas, only the suites have verandas. I'm in a CC cabin for our September cruise but not the same one. I know our cabin doesn't have one.

There's a post by monibob a little further down the page about just getting back from the Century. They had a CC cabin and posted about it.

Terri

Skyward - 1989

Carnivale - 1991

Holiday - 1994

Fantasy - 1998

Century - 2002

Century - 2003

Jubilee - 7/04

Century - 9/04

Coral Princess - 3/05

Valor - 10/05

Days til Valor Vampires Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

valorvampires.gif

am i the only one that uses a brochure or knows how and where to pull up a deckplan? sorry, but i just cant comprehend booking a cabin and not knowing what type it is and whether what im being charged is accurate. boy, have i got a nice bridge for you!

"live long and prosper...so you may cruise!"

Skyward/Starward/Carla Costa/Meridian x3/Enchanted Isle x5/Enchanted Seas/Horizon x2/Zenith/Galaxy/Norway x3/Nor.Sun x2/Nor. Wind/Nor. Majesty/Nordic Prince/Oceanbreeze x3/Seabreeze x2/Seawind Crown/Islandbreeze

I totally agree, albertiger. When I read this question, the first thing I did was pull out my brochure and see that there was no veranda. I, too, thoroughly research the ship before I leave - can't imagine doing it any other way.

I can see why there would be confusion about what type of cabin you're booked in...we booked our upcoming cruise with an online agency and the deck plan on that site specifically said that our cc cabin on the Penthouse deck had a balcony. I now know that not to be true, but if my travel website (which has always given me good information before) gives me incorrect information, how would I know not to believe them? When we booked our cruise, we didn't have a brochure from Celebrity to consult...we had requested one MANY times, but Celebrity never saw fit to send one. I'm just saying, it's not difficult to be confused on this issue. As I understand it, a number of travel sites were giving wrong information about what type of cabins were cc.

*Carnival Inspiration 3/02/03*

*Celebrity Century 10/30/04*

I recommend this website for cabin (deck plan research)

http://www.cruisestateroom.com/ships.htm

By the way...it's really confusing.. read description for this room!!!

When you click on it it says:

Concierge Class Deluxe Mini-Suite Cat. CC

On Decks: Penthouse

Two lower beds convertible to king-size; floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors; sitting area with sofa bed, VCR, bath, veranda.

Average size: stateroom= 175 sq ft, veranda= 42 sq ft

icon_confused.gif

but it's really Concierge Class Ocean View Cat. CC

------------------------------

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Zuiderdam 8/21/04 FLL - Key West - Cozumel - Grand Caymans - Half Moon Cay - FLL

<LI>Splendour of the Seas 05/15/04 Barcelona - Marseilles - Villefranche - Livorno - Chivitavecchia - Naples - Barcelona

<LI>Century 07/12/03 Eastern Caribbean FFL-San Juan - St. Thomas - St.Maarten- Nassau -FFL

<LI>Komarno(Volga)07/91 Moscow - Astrahan' - Moscow (honeymoon)

<LI>Komarno(Volga)07/90 Moscow - Astrahan'- Moscow

<LI>Admiral Nachimov(or Nakhimov) (Black Sea)04/1986 Odessa - Batum

GO BRUINS!!!!

Thanks - this was exactly the reason for my question. The on-line booking site showed the description you referred to, as did another source. But since my on-line TA offered this category for about $200 per person LESS than a non-CC cablin, I figured I'd take my chances on the veranda...

PS - Sorry to offend with my ignorance! Jeez, it's no wonder so many people say these boards can be brutal!

Bholling,

I think that you are the last person who should be apologizing. Here in the South, the behavior exhibited by some of the individuals who posted a response to your question is considered rude and impolite. Maybe they would be better off requesting that a new board be created for people who want to be rude and ugly. The whole point of these boards is to be able to ask questions and receive answers from individuals who may have first hand knowlege of what you are inquiring about as well as in the process potentially making new friends. I would not be discouraged by the few who want to partake of such rude behavior. Overall, I have found the individuals on this board to be pleasant and informing. Have made numerous friends as well in the process.

Hope you have a pleasant afternoon!! Enjoy your trip. Will be on the Century in September.

Mitch Starling

• 4 months later...

Archived