Taxes and Fees

LuCruise

Curious...anyone know how they calculate taxes and fees (not exact formula, but at a high level)?  And what makes taxes and fees rise and fall?  I noticed today that there is a slight price increase for my Oasis sailing and when I looked at the numbers, I saw that it's just an increase in the taxes and fees.  And I only booked this cruise 8 days ago near opening day.  I know that on a reprice, the amount from taxes and fees is not adjusted (unless you do a full cancel and rebook) but just wondering how they come up with the number and what it's based on.  It seems to vary from sailing to sailing.

33 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Curious...anyone know how they calculate taxes and fees (not exact formula, but at a high level)?  And what makes taxes and fees rise and fall?  I noticed today that there is a slight price increase for my Oasis sailing and when I looked at the numbers, I saw that it's just an increase in the taxes and fees.  And I only booked this cruise 8 days ago near opening day.  I know that on a reprice, the amount from taxes and fees is not adjusted (unless you do a full cancel and rebook) but just wondering how they come up with the number and what it's based on.  It seems to vary from sailing to sailing.

They are based on projected taxes and port fees that they will pay.  As cruises are released more than 2 years in advance done agreements may change 5hat affect the fees and taxes.  They are also based on a projected occupancy for the ship.  As that changes they adjust the taxes.