carry on bag size

2VV

This is the first time flying and cruising, we are packing tonight for a night night Fantasy cruise that leaves this sun. Generaly speaking what size bags in dimensions are you allowed to take as carry ons in airports and the cruise? I have a black back that is about 1 foot wide, 2 feet long and about 18inches tall. Would that be considered carry on? Also are you allowed to lock your luggage in the airport with TSA locks?

Thanks!

Here's Carnival's restrictions per their website:

For security purposes, Carnival limits the size of hand-carry luggage to 11"X 17" which is the dimension of the opening of the X-ray security machine (similar to those at the airport); there is no measurement for length as the hand-carry luggage will lay flat on the conveyer belt. Luggage larger than 11"X 17" will not be permitted through the security machine and must be checked-in with a curbside porter.

As long as the bag doesn't exceed that width and height you'll be fine.

Restrictions vary by airline, so check the airline's website for the carrier your using.

if you go to your individual airline dot com site it will give you their regulations..

mostly if it will fit under a seat then its fine.

You can have one carryon and a purse/laptop as carry on. If you do indeed get it through the airport then carrying in online the cruise is not a problem.

Remember that your bags must weigh under 50 pounds, on most airlines you are allowed 2 bags each

11x17, make sure you carry a key chain tape measure, My bag looks bigger then 11x17 and someone at Long Beach challenged me and I told them watch, broke out my tape measure and I was on the money. It also fits through the xray machine with no problems.

These small key chain tape measures can be found at your local Home Depot.

Yes, keep your luggage locked using the TSA padlocks, those can be found at Walmart.

Archived