Decorating our Door????

soniamarie

I am reading posts that mention that you can decorate your cabin door.I guess the main benefit would be that it is easier to spot your room that way. We are going to be cruising with 8 families and it seems like a good idea to do so that we can find eachother's rooms a little easier. Does anyone have any interesting ideas on door decorations? I was thinking of getting some prank types of door decorations for my friend's doors too. Has anyone really done this? It sounds like it could be fun and different.

Seriously I've seen little decorations and all BLOWN OUT doors! This is our second cruise and although I'm not "decorating" I did find 8 large sealife cutouts that I'm going to tape to our doors (3 rooms side by side) so we can leave eachother notes, find our rooms, have fun :)

Thank you. You just reminded me that my friends b-day will be on this trip.I will have to get her some obnoxious b-day stuff for her door!

Someone mentioned that they bring post-it notes. I might use these and put silly, random things on my friend's doors just to be goofy.

DH's birthday was during our 1/8 Victory cruise...I put up a Happy Birthday sign with his picture on it. DH thought it was great... until one night @ 2 or 3 o'clock in the a.m. some people were going past our cabin and pounded on our door yelling Happy Birthday Chuck. Needless to say, he took it down the next a.m.

We were on the Pride last Valentines week, and I (DH) did up our door with hearts and colorful cut-outs. The kinda stuff you can get at WalMart or Target. Plus, we had some fun (adult) scratch off "love coupons" that we put in an envelope. Those were VERY popular! We had fun with it - be creative - You'll never see most of these people again anyway! here's a link to pic: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ccnvcpl/detail?.dir=/f8c4&.dnm=67dascd.jpg&.src=ph&.tok=phuCXWEBLgP4IJfm

We decorated our doors last October and it sure made it easier to spot our cabins! There were 10 of us and my daughter and I did each door to fit those in that cabin. One door was for our Star Wars loving son....one was for a Batman fanatic......one was a Harry Potter theme and another was an over the Hill door lol. We also attached small dry erase boards to each door and we had so much fun leaving each other crZzy notes. Even strangers would leave cute messages for us.

Mary

There's an entire thread about this on the Fun Stuff board under cruise rituals. I can't believe that some people pack so much stuff just to decorate. (I really need to learn how to type that stuff in here so that you can just go there quickly.)

As we have a balcony, I am thinking of buying some of those plastic triangle flags like you see at used car lots, to hang outside so when we're on the islands we can look at the ship and be able to spot our cabin. Have thought about decorating cabin door but we're right off the elevator and figure anything we put up will disappear anyway. Who knows, maybe I'll change my mind.

You guys are giving me great ideas. I want one of those big Farrah Fawcett Posters for one of our friends.....that would be so funny, attach a pen to it and have people write messages on it for them for the week. It might get stolen but hey it would be so worth it.Keep the ideas coming. Thanks CCs.

When we were on the Spirit, my friend and I noticed one door had cows all over it. Getting the best of our curiosity, we knocked on the door (it was in the late afternoon) and asked why they had cows all over their door.

The very nice gentleman explained that he is was a dairy farmer and his friends had put the cows all over his doors so he would feel at home. :D

Diane

I surprised Drew by decorating our cabin door special for him with USAF decor. I found large Air Force Magnets at the Air Force Base and some Blue Star magnets, then I had a special Blue Star banner made with his Name, rank and his dates of duty with Air Force One. It looked so nice and he was so surprised! The door was metal so the magnets worked well, I used two sided tape for the banner. I was afraid it might not stay up as it is a heavy embroidered grosgrain ribbon but it stayed put the whole trip. I plan to use these same decorations for our next cruise.

As we have a balcony, I am thinking of buying some of those plastic triangle flags like you see at used car lots, to hang outside so when we're on the islands we can look at the ship and be able to spot our cabin.

We did this on the Conquest, used a stars & stripes triangle banner that I found at Dollar Tree. I put it up over the balcony door using clear duct tape, and it held securely all week, even with the wind and occasional rainshower. We loved being able to spot "home" from shore!

Are the doors metal?

I was wondering if magnets would work?

Depends on the ship. Some have metal doors, according to other CC'ers. I know that the Conquest does not have metal doors, but has doors bordered by 4-5" metal frames. I put the magnets I brought on the frames.

I also added a few colorful balloons to the top of the door using tape. They stuck out into the hallway far enough to be seen from many cabins away.

texas - thanks.

Ok, so does anyone know if the Liberty has metal doors.

I LOVE the flags over the balcony idea that is soo cool.

Nope use doupble sided tape that is what I used on my Liberty and Valor doors...

You can also decorate the Mail box or hang something there..

texas - thanks.

Ok, so does anyone know if the Liberty has metal doors.

I LOVE the flags over the balcony idea that is soo cool.

Door on our Liberty 01-15-2006 cruise would not support magnets. This was in 1035 on the Panorama Deck. All I had to do was place them beside the door and they stuck fine. No problem all week with a 8.5" X 11" magnet staying up.

Dan

I certainly had fun decorating our door for our 2004 cruise to the Caribbean. I called our trip "The Grisafes of the Caribbean" and used a whole "Pirates of the Caribbean" theme...right down to the logo and everything. I love playing around with computer graphics and had a lot of fun. So I made this poster (see below) that hung above a magnetized dry erase board (which was a lot of fun and handy too). I decorated the outside of the dry erase board by hot gluing palm trees and dolphins and stuff to it. I took the poster and made a smaller version into business card size with our Email and address on them to hand out to people who we met that we thought we would like to keep in touch with. We got a lot of great responses on our door..no negative things at all.

GofCsmaller.jpg

Archived