Past Guest offer not showing up

Iggy68

I’m on the UK site. It doesn’t matter whether I’m logged in or not, but the prices for the ‘20% past guest offer’ are the same - as in, the discount doesn’t seem to be being applied. I’ve made mock bookings both logged in and not logged in but the price stays the same. Am I missing something obvious? Any help or advice gratefully received 😊

For reference, I’m looking at the Norway and Iceland 14 day cruise from Southampton departing on July 26th 2020

thank you

9 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

I just tried this booking.  When it was at the point of choosing your cabin type, did you see two prices, one that said "was" with a red slash thru it?  The other price is the discounted price.  

Yep, I was seeing that price but it happens whether I’m logged in or not - plus it’s not a 20% discount. Thanks for your help though - maybe I just need to accept that this cruise is out of my price range!

Nope it’s still 10%.   Think of it this way - $100 for one person, 10% discount, $90 final bill.  Two people = $200, $90 each with 10% each, final bill $180 - 10% of $200 = $20 discount.  If it was a 20% discount, the final total would be $160.  So by no stretch of the imagination is 10% per pax a 20% discount.

FWiW I checked my bookings that were made with legit 20% discount and their prices haven’t changed.

I’ve just got off the phone with a NCL agent - the 20% past guest discount wasn’t showing up on the website. The discounted fare being shown was for the New Year Sale. The agent was able to apply the 20% discount but it is on the non-discounted fare rather than the sale price which is on their website, so unfortunately it’s not a 20% discount in reality. Very disappointing really

2 hours ago, Iggy68 said:

I’ve just got off the phone with a NCL agent - the 20% past guest discount wasn’t showing up on the website. The discounted fare being shown was for the New Year Sale. The agent was able to apply the 20% discount but it is on the non-discounted fare rather than the sale price which is on their website, so unfortunately it’s not a 20% discount in reality. Very disappointing really

You will find across the board for all cruise lines that all discounts are off the published rack rate for the cabin.

Also, nothing is free.  If you are being offered something "free," your fare is higher to cover the freebie.

I booked a cruise recently and got the "sale" price and the 20% off latitudes offer with 1 additional point. I did a mock booking logged out and the price was 4500 with the general sale. With the latitudes promotion it was 3500. I have continued to check prices daily. The latitudes promotion still applies to that sailing according to the website but now the price is 4500 if I'm logged in and 4500 if I am logged out. I wonder if rules have changed to not stack "sale" price with latitudes promotion. The sale price is never that good in my opinion because the hike the price before the sale.

2 minutes ago, Dreamcruiser2018 said:

I was told there are only a certain number of cabins with 20% off so they could all be gone.  Kept watching the one I wanted and 20% did come back on - asked why and was told looks like someone had been holding and cancelled.  Got a good price in the end as price was reduced & then 20% applied

Good to know. Thanks!