Anyone been to Progreso lately?

Lorrieeakes31

Was there three weeks ago.  Been several times.  I primary like the port for the number of Mayan ruins you can visit.  My fave was Uxmal.  Also visited Dzibilchaltun.  You have the option of Merida.  I have done this solo with catching the local bus and walking around.  

On my December visit did a mini mix tour where we visited a salt flat, viewed flamingos, visited Maya ruins Xcambo and beach break.  It was good, not great, but not due to the tour operator (I had a personal issue going on).  The flamingos were very few, but they are wild and not a zoo, no issue for me but was for others.  The ruins are not large and the time spent there was good.  The beach club was ok. The vendors were around, with periods of trying to sell and periods they didn't bother.  Water was a little rough that day, but quite a few people enjoying.  I only had drinks and nothing to eat.  It was nice just relaxing

• 6 months later...

Was there in Feb of 2019. Used Autoprogresso and took at bus into the city of Merida that we then explored on our own, visited several sights in the city, shopped in some open air markets, ate a meal at a great local restaurant. Was a great day!

• 11 months later...