Spa pricing issues

Carla3

I posted this issue on Face book and got a lot of comments, but no real advice or suggestions. Hoping this forum is more helpful.

Anyone else have issues with Spa Services. On our last cruise in September on the Star, I visited the Spa twice for a massage. The first was a special promotion with a discount offered to passengers who had booked a shore excursion. When I paid, the discount wasn’t as much as I anticipated but I couldn’t remember the details of the “deal”. When I returned to my cabin I found the promotion flyer and sure enough I was over charged. I went back to the spa and they corrected my bill. One my next visit I was again over charged and this time it took a bit more complaining to get my bill fixed. I was charged regular price and I should have received the port day special. We have our next cruise in a week and I really enjoy the spa, but I don’t want this stress again. Has anyone paid for services BEFORE treatment? Hoping this might be a solution to the pricing issues

I have had spa services (always a massage or 3 if there's a special deal, always  the Thermal Suite, sometimes a manicure) on our cruises.  The best deals are offered on the day one boards the ship, I believe.  Then throughout the cruise they may offer a daily deal.  We usually do long cruises with lots of sea days so that works for me.  If one is on a 7-day cruise, there's not really much time to use the spa IMHO.  I think the "deals" are usually charged at the time of taking advantage of the deal, but then you don't really pay until the end of the cruise when you settle up your account.  I've never had the issues described by the OP.

Last year we were overcharged twice at the spa. I wasted a lot of time showing them the overcharges. They were pretty defensive until I put the figures in front of their face.  I finally got them to correct it. We will be on the Crown in a few weeks. Hoping this will not be an issue again. If it is I am going to question whether this is intentional. And that would send us to another cruise line. We love the spa and don’t want that frustration every cruise. 

18 hours ago, Scubadoc said:

Last year we were overcharged twice at the spa. I wasted a lot of time showing them the overcharges. They were pretty defensive until I put the figures in front of their face.  I finally got them to correct it. We will be on the Crown in a few weeks. Hoping this will not be an issue again. If it is I am going to question whether this is intentional. And that would send us to another cruise line. We love the spa and don’t want that frustration every cruise. 

I’m on the Star next week. I’m going to ask at the Spa if I can pay before the service. Or if they say no, get my husband to book and pay beforehand saying we have separate accounts. Hopefully that way I see the invoice before the service and will not be surprised after the fact 

Recently on the Sky I prepaid for spa services, but when on board, even though at the desk we had the discussion that I had prepaid and they found it, I was charged again a 2nd time for the services on my on board account.  We were on board for a month and this happened 3 times, and it was very time consuming to get corrected.  I will NEVER prepay again,  But that is my experience with prepayment.