Fishing in ISP or Skagway

dimama

I've been wondering about fishing in ISP too. Carnival (which is the line I am on) offers a halibut fishing excursion which I was thinking about.  I've been looking at Tok River Outfitters and Hooked Adventures for non-cruise ship excursions - but they do mostly talk about halibut and not salmon.  I don't know if my BF will want to come fishing with me.... so that's why I haven't booked anything yet. 

If you learn of a salmon fishing excursion in ISP, please post it!  I did salmon fishing about 10 years ago in Seward and loved it!

How adventurous are you? If I had it to do over again (went there last summer) I would rent a boat from Icy Straight Lodge and fish on my own. You can find halibut on your own, and if the salmon are running, you can find them too. The waters are usually very calm and you can whale watch too. There is a tackle store in town where you can buy tackle and rent rods. It is called Tidelands Tackle and Marine. They can also tell you how to fish from shore.